GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Falstaff's Experience (or should I say The Falstaff's Flop)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/09 at 11:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dear all, due to further research into the evening spent at the Falstaff's Experience in Stratford, with plenty of time to properly reflect on my experiences and the events that took place on the evening.

I have left the original post untouched as this shows my thoughts and feelings on the morning after the investigation - cold, tired and slightly disappointed.

Original Posting (28/02/2009)
February 27th 2009 I was invited along on my first paranormal investigation with the Bristol Paranormal Research Group. Quite excited, I tried not to raise my expectations too much.

We were heading to the Falstaff's Experience in Shakespeare's town of Stratford-Upon-Avon for the night, which according to one "Horrible Histories" books, is the most haunted place in Britain - even Derek Acorah of Most Haunted had visited (and even become possessed by one of the spirits inside), where he felt greatly disturbed by what was there.

We had a guide show us around the property, which I think ruined the experience as there were so many things that enticed autosuggestion, although somethings we experienced happened to us before it was mentioned (nothing major, just feeling sick). However, it was nice to know a bit about the place and who lived here and what the previous occupants did.

Not long after the 20-minute tour, we set up base camp in the barn and undertook a tour of our own. Performed a seance and that was pretty much it until a few events that happened when I was in a small group a lot later on.

I think the oddest thing was that I was quite happy to walk around a museum in the dark with all these creepy dolls and I wasn't at all scared or intimidated.

One of the spirits(if that is what it was) that kind of took a liking to me and was responding to my voice. Got quite angy and emotional at him (well, not often you meet someone who apparently raped, murder people along with the whole paedaphilia and necrophilia going on). I think he thought he could try and intimidate me due to my past, so set him straight! (if indeed he was there).

Saw a stream of light at the same time somebody recorded a sudden drop in temperature. Constand cod spots. Can't really know what to think - albeit it is still February and when I'm tired I feel colder. But certain areas were odd, as in you'd be really warm and then the air around you would go really cold and you could see your breath for a few minutes before it passing.

Went in the building in a small group of 4 after our last break, saw some weird thing happening wit the curtains, smelt a horrid smell of stale urine, had a seive thing fall over when we were saying that we highly doubt that there is anything out there, followed by something being thrown at us. That was a bit odd. Then from the end of a corridor it sounded like something was whispering to us, but I think it might have been drainpipes or a boiler. Then we left - 2 hours earlier than planned.

So although it sounds like we saw a lot, it wasn't that great. The place was really over-hyped and not worth the cost of the tour.

Upon Reflection (11/03/2009)
Although I am not going to suddenly make a whole lot of things up to encourage a visit, there were a few odd experiences that I encountered (as explained in the original message). I have yet to find a cause that could have been responsible for those experiences (other than cold spots due to a draught from a window etc.)

There were a few odd things that I would really like to know more about. As many of you would have found out through my profile on Facebook, I am still intrigued by the place and have even suggested further investgation myself into finding out what caused those experiences and to see if I expereinced any more. Unless I have caused too much offense to the occupiers in the original posting, I would love to go back and visit, perhaps having an overnight stop with them included.

Again, I'm not retracting the bulk of my original post, as I aim to be brutally honest when it comes to this, I do feel I could have been too brutal with the title. My experience felt a bit of a flop. But go to McDonalds or any other company that offers you a great experience that you don't get for some reason or another, you'd be disappointed and think it was a flop. Hence why I would like to give the place another chance (although it will take a while to accumulate the money to pay for another investigation...probably another reason why I stated it was a bit of a flop!).

Finally, as you can see, I posted afterwards that the museum and history is great! I thoroughly recommend giving the place a visit if you are in the area as the museum prices are quite reasonable. I've even told my parents that they must visit when they go to Stratford on their weekend away next weekend.

Before I can comment if the place is really haunted, then I think I will need to go back - if the owners will let me :p
Wed 11/03/09 at 22:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Any help on changing the title? It won't let me!!
Wed 11/03/09 at 22:08
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Derek is I think. Still, wouldn't mind meeting him to see if we expereice the same encounters at a venue.

I just posted here again, as I would like everyone to read the main message as it has been edited on reflection - with feedback left from the event organiser and hosts, along with a week or so's time to think about what I experienced (and any evidence recorded reviewed).

I have since been invited on another investigation (sadly I miss it due to a work related course) but planto go to one a month later). Maybe I shall reflect on my next experience more carefully and not post a disgruntled review the morning after.

Any feedback from you all would be great (that includes visitors and lurkers!)

:D
Mon 02/03/09 at 09:14
"possibly impossible"
I'd really like to go on one of these at some point. Sounds good.

As for Derek Acorah, I'm not convinced by the man. He's still too much a showman for my liking.
Sat 28/02/09 at 16:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
The Falstaff's is certainly worth a visit during the day as the stories and history behind it is really interesting, just don't get roped into the costs hiring out for a night - it's really not worth it :p
Sat 28/02/09 at 15:50
Regular
It seems quite interesting, although not alot happened. I'm trying to find something good to go to after going to see Derek Acorah recently at the fairfield halls in London.
Sat 28/02/09 at 15:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Haha...spirits.

Thanks Dragonlance.

I'm very tired now. 4 hours sleep with all that "excitement". It was scarier driving to the pick-up point!
Sat 28/02/09 at 15:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Never mind HM, your description was entertaining and possibly did allude to there being something or someone there.

Keep your spirits up :-D
Sat 28/02/09 at 11:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dear all, due to further research into the evening spent at the Falstaff's Experience in Stratford, with plenty of time to properly reflect on my experiences and the events that took place on the evening.

I have left the original post untouched as this shows my thoughts and feelings on the morning after the investigation - cold, tired and slightly disappointed.

Original Posting (28/02/2009)
February 27th 2009 I was invited along on my first paranormal investigation with the Bristol Paranormal Research Group. Quite excited, I tried not to raise my expectations too much.

We were heading to the Falstaff's Experience in Shakespeare's town of Stratford-Upon-Avon for the night, which according to one "Horrible Histories" books, is the most haunted place in Britain - even Derek Acorah of Most Haunted had visited (and even become possessed by one of the spirits inside), where he felt greatly disturbed by what was there.

We had a guide show us around the property, which I think ruined the experience as there were so many things that enticed autosuggestion, although somethings we experienced happened to us before it was mentioned (nothing major, just feeling sick). However, it was nice to know a bit about the place and who lived here and what the previous occupants did.

Not long after the 20-minute tour, we set up base camp in the barn and undertook a tour of our own. Performed a seance and that was pretty much it until a few events that happened when I was in a small group a lot later on.

I think the oddest thing was that I was quite happy to walk around a museum in the dark with all these creepy dolls and I wasn't at all scared or intimidated.

One of the spirits(if that is what it was) that kind of took a liking to me and was responding to my voice. Got quite angy and emotional at him (well, not often you meet someone who apparently raped, murder people along with the whole paedaphilia and necrophilia going on). I think he thought he could try and intimidate me due to my past, so set him straight! (if indeed he was there).

Saw a stream of light at the same time somebody recorded a sudden drop in temperature. Constand cod spots. Can't really know what to think - albeit it is still February and when I'm tired I feel colder. But certain areas were odd, as in you'd be really warm and then the air around you would go really cold and you could see your breath for a few minutes before it passing.

Went in the building in a small group of 4 after our last break, saw some weird thing happening wit the curtains, smelt a horrid smell of stale urine, had a seive thing fall over when we were saying that we highly doubt that there is anything out there, followed by something being thrown at us. That was a bit odd. Then from the end of a corridor it sounded like something was whispering to us, but I think it might have been drainpipes or a boiler. Then we left - 2 hours earlier than planned.

So although it sounds like we saw a lot, it wasn't that great. The place was really over-hyped and not worth the cost of the tour.

Upon Reflection (11/03/2009)
Although I am not going to suddenly make a whole lot of things up to encourage a visit, there were a few odd experiences that I encountered (as explained in the original message). I have yet to find a cause that could have been responsible for those experiences (other than cold spots due to a draught from a window etc.)

There were a few odd things that I would really like to know more about. As many of you would have found out through my profile on Facebook, I am still intrigued by the place and have even suggested further investgation myself into finding out what caused those experiences and to see if I expereinced any more. Unless I have caused too much offense to the occupiers in the original posting, I would love to go back and visit, perhaps having an overnight stop with them included.

Again, I'm not retracting the bulk of my original post, as I aim to be brutally honest when it comes to this, I do feel I could have been too brutal with the title. My experience felt a bit of a flop. But go to McDonalds or any other company that offers you a great experience that you don't get for some reason or another, you'd be disappointed and think it was a flop. Hence why I would like to give the place another chance (although it will take a while to accumulate the money to pay for another investigation...probably another reason why I stated it was a bit of a flop!).

Finally, as you can see, I posted afterwards that the museum and history is great! I thoroughly recommend giving the place a visit if you are in the area as the museum prices are quite reasonable. I've even told my parents that they must visit when they go to Stratford on their weekend away next weekend.

Before I can comment if the place is really haunted, then I think I will need to go back - if the owners will let me :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.