GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Imagine the possibilities if Rare were to combine forces with Nintendo for the Gamecube!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/02/01 at 15:39
Regular
Think of some of the world's best games? Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64,Jet Force Gemini as well as Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie immediately spring to mind. So, apart from all existing on the N64, what else do these games have in common? Well, they have all been worldwide successes and they were all manufactured by Rare. Which why it takes a "Rare" breed to produce games of such high quality(pun intended)!
So, are Rare the best games manufacturers in the world? Arguably, I would say yes. They are on par with Nintendo themselves when it comes to creating games. Some may say that Rare beat Nintendo at their "own game". A majority of people complain about the amount of games Rare release each year. Last year, Rare launched only Perfect Dark for the N64 and Gameboy, Mickey's Speedway U.S.A. and Banjo-Tooie, which is still yet to see the "light of day" here in the U.K.That may not seem like much, but they are all undoubtedly, fantastic games.What would you rather, a game which takes ages to develop and has huge delays but when it's eventually released is superb, or, a game that is rushed and is either rubbish (i.e.Superman, Carmageddon) or has faults in it (WWF No Mercy-Guilty As Charged). The world's best game,The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time took Nintendo a staggering, four years to fully develop, but look at the end result!
So, could you imagine the consequences if Nintendo and Rare were to permanently combine forces for the Gamecube! With the unique blend of Nintendo's imagination and presentation and Rare's reputation and brilliance,the possibilities would be endless! They have worked together on the N64 on several occassions already, and received major success. The success would be immense on Gamecube! While working in the partnership they produced world-beaters such as Goldeneye and Banjo-Kazooie! Diddy Kong Racing opposed Mario Kart as the "King of the Racers" at the time. Blast Corps was extremely addictive and playable, but was vastly underrated.They also produced Killer Instinct,which although wasn't that successful on the N64, but back in it's "heyday" on the Snes was considered one of the world's best!
On several occassions, Nintendo could have had their excellent reputation severely damaged. This is because they have in the past, affiliated themselves with third party developers such as Midway, Atlus, Boss, Lucas Arts and Hudson. What were Nintendo thinking when they produced such poor games as Bomberman 64,Cruis'n World and Shadows of the Empire, which was unsuccessful even with the precious Star Wars logo on the box! They had been successful when they teamed with Paradigm to produce F1 Grand Prix, and with Treasure to create Mischief Makers and Sin and Punishment. However, this success is only minimal compared to when they've combined forces with Rare.
Yet, both companies still have "tricks up their sleeves" for N64. Mario Story, Mario Party 3, Dr. Mario from Nintendo, and Banjo-Tooie, Dinosaur Planet and Conker's Bad Fur Day from Rare, are all still yet to be released in the U.K. Things can only get better now though, as Nintendo have finally acknowledged that the U.K. is a very important market by setting up headquarters in Surrey!
However, I strongly feel that Rare need to launch more games for Gamecube. By the time the production of N64 games are extinct, Nintendo would have nearly reached their 60th game, which seems mighty compared to the measly amount of 12 from Rare!
However, once Gamecube finally does arrive and you see the logo's of Nintendo and Rare flash across the screen, you'll be guaranteed to be in for a treat!
Neil Collins.

Sun 04/02/01 at 15:39
Think of some of the world's best games? Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64,Jet Force Gemini as well as Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie immediately spring to mind. So, apart from all existing on the N64, what else do these games have in common? Well, they have all been worldwide successes and they were all manufactured by Rare. Which why it takes a "Rare" breed to produce games of such high quality(pun intended)!
So, are Rare the best games manufacturers in the world? Arguably, I would say yes. They are on par with Nintendo themselves when it comes to creating games. Some may say that Rare beat Nintendo at their "own game". A majority of people complain about the amount of games Rare release each year. Last year, Rare launched only Perfect Dark for the N64 and Gameboy, Mickey's Speedway U.S.A. and Banjo-Tooie, which is still yet to see the "light of day" here in the U.K.That may not seem like much, but they are all undoubtedly, fantastic games.What would you rather, a game which takes ages to develop and has huge delays but when it's eventually released is superb, or, a game that is rushed and is either rubbish (i.e.Superman, Carmageddon) or has faults in it (WWF No Mercy-Guilty As Charged). The world's best game,The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time took Nintendo a staggering, four years to fully develop, but look at the end result!
So, could you imagine the consequences if Nintendo and Rare were to permanently combine forces for the Gamecube! With the unique blend of Nintendo's imagination and presentation and Rare's reputation and brilliance,the possibilities would be endless! They have worked together on the N64 on several occassions already, and received major success. The success would be immense on Gamecube! While working in the partnership they produced world-beaters such as Goldeneye and Banjo-Kazooie! Diddy Kong Racing opposed Mario Kart as the "King of the Racers" at the time. Blast Corps was extremely addictive and playable, but was vastly underrated.They also produced Killer Instinct,which although wasn't that successful on the N64, but back in it's "heyday" on the Snes was considered one of the world's best!
On several occassions, Nintendo could have had their excellent reputation severely damaged. This is because they have in the past, affiliated themselves with third party developers such as Midway, Atlus, Boss, Lucas Arts and Hudson. What were Nintendo thinking when they produced such poor games as Bomberman 64,Cruis'n World and Shadows of the Empire, which was unsuccessful even with the precious Star Wars logo on the box! They had been successful when they teamed with Paradigm to produce F1 Grand Prix, and with Treasure to create Mischief Makers and Sin and Punishment. However, this success is only minimal compared to when they've combined forces with Rare.
Yet, both companies still have "tricks up their sleeves" for N64. Mario Story, Mario Party 3, Dr. Mario from Nintendo, and Banjo-Tooie, Dinosaur Planet and Conker's Bad Fur Day from Rare, are all still yet to be released in the U.K. Things can only get better now though, as Nintendo have finally acknowledged that the U.K. is a very important market by setting up headquarters in Surrey!
However, I strongly feel that Rare need to launch more games for Gamecube. By the time the production of N64 games are extinct, Nintendo would have nearly reached their 60th game, which seems mighty compared to the measly amount of 12 from Rare!
However, once Gamecube finally does arrive and you see the logo's of Nintendo and Rare flash across the screen, you'll be guaranteed to be in for a treat!
Neil Collins.

Sun 04/02/01 at 17:14
Regular
I've read this before... I think this is from somewhere...
Sun 04/02/01 at 17:55
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I've read this before... I think this is from somewhere...

nes: I was very offended that Grix Thraves was implying that I'd copied the "Rare/Nintendo Partnership" aticle from somewhere. Sure, I could have got ideas from related articles I've read but I did spend ages this afternoon thinking about what would be a suitable entry to win Gameaday. Anyway, I bet a lot of entries from other people include ideas from other related articles, but aren't necessarily the same.
Sun 04/02/01 at 18:12
I'm very sorry if you didn't copy it nes. But still, I'm sure I've seen this before.

If you have really taken hours to write this, I apoligise, it's a very good topic.
Mon 05/02/01 at 16:10
Regular
superman wasnt rushed.....it actaully took two years two make.....but still was rubbish.

but the rest of the stuff u wrote was quality
Mon 05/02/01 at 21:31
Regular
Rare and Nintendo are more or less combined.

Have you ever wondered why Rare only ever made games for Nintendo systems and how they stole Donkey Kong!

I know this combination in only Nintendo owns Rare but they're always ready to help each other out and give technical support.
Wed 07/02/01 at 19:19
Regular
RARE didn't steal Donkey Kong Nintendo GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO MAKE IT.
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:41
Regular
I know, I know...

Still, atleast Rare made a damn good game out of it!
Donkey Kong Country remains the best 16bit game.

Most games featuring Nintendo characters (not including the ones made by Nintendo themselves ofcourse) are complete mess-ups!
Thu 22/02/01 at 19:09
have you ever wondered why Rare have only made games for thr N64? Well this is beause NINTENDO OWN THEM!!!!!!!!!! So they will be making games for the cube! (Perfect Dark2 (after Dark) is coming out soon)
Thu 22/02/01 at 20:22
Regular
we know, Simon, we know...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.