GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toothbrushes (Important and intelligent discussion)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/05/03 at 09:47
Regular
What type of toothbrush do you use? The reason I ask is because brushing my teeth is the one thing that I get obsessive about. If I'm not at Uni, or out fighting crime or something, I usually brush my teeth 3 or 4 times a day. Always in the morning and at night, but also somewhere in the middle. Is this an unusual amount of times to brush my teeth in one day? Anyway, I don't care what you think - there's a history behind all this!

When I was at 6th Form, I used to drink 3 or 4 cans of fizzy drink a day. 3 or 4 cans, 5 days a week, for almost 2 years. You do the math. Consequently, I've found myself with rather prematurely stained teeth. They're not pure yellow, but in the right light (the light of a bathroom perhaps), they really bug me because they're just off-colour enough to be noticed. Sorry if this has spoilt your Ultra-human-sex-pot image of me, but it's true - I'm getting stained teeth. It doesn't help that I ingest copious amounts of tea, but I have cut back on the fizzy drinks, only really drinking them when I'm round mate's houses, or at a pub and don't want beer.

Now back to toothbrushes. Up until yesterday I used a hard toothbrush. I find that a long brushing session really makes my mind feel better about the state that my teeth are in. The only downside is that I get through a toothbrush every month. Now THAT'S not normal! They always end up all curved to the side and the bristles start to come out after a few weeks. I do hold the brush very hard and I do brush my teeth very hard, but I don't do it hard enough to cut my gums. Just long enough to wear out the brush quickly. But yesterday I got a new toothbrush - one with the kind of rubber handle you'd expect to find in a special-needs school.

It's kinda weird. The head of the brush is fine, but the handle splits into two, and looks like the bones on your forearm. I think it's meant to absorb the force put into gripping a toothbrush, but it could just be a pointless gimmick. I've used it a couple of times now and the results weren't exactly fantastic. It may just have been because it is a new brush, but I didn't feel my mouth feeling as fresh as when I use the normal brush that I buy. That's an interesting side-topic: what's the worst gimmick you've ever seen to sell a toothbrush?

So onto your toothbrushes. What type of brush do you use? Soft? Flexi-head? Long? Hard? Oo-er, this is all starting to sound very..."racy". Do you scrape your tongue (an old practice, but still very essential to oral hygiene)? Do you just let the fur grow on your teeth? What's the biggest thing you've found between your teeth? Have all your teeth fallen out? Come on people - let's get oral!
Wed 28/05/03 at 12:08
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> John.J wrote:
> One of my friends has a very yellow tooth. We call it the 'corn
> tooth'.
>
> What a pointless yet hillarious reply! Its simplicity is genius!Thank you for that compliment. Really, he does have a yellow tooth.
Wed 28/05/03 at 09:59
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Do you scrape your tongue (an old practice, but still very essential to oral hygiene)?

I can just hear your mum in the past saying:
"Now have you washed behind your ears? And have you scraped your tongue?"
Tue 27/05/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Light of the world"
Asher D wrote:
> I had an electric one and now all the 'enamel' has gone from my
> teeth.
>
> Which means it hurts if I eat too much sugar.

:S i wont use one anymore thankyou asher D
Tue 27/05/03 at 20:44
Regular
I had an electric one and now all the 'enamel' has gone from my teeth.

Which means it hurts if I eat too much sugar.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
i hate red apples, love green though. green apples are crunchier and less hairy.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
That's the same with me. It's so annoying.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:33
Regular
whenever i eat an apple, i ALWAYS end up trying to poke a piece of it out of between two teeth. it's damn irritating and it doesnt come out for hours.
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Light of the world"
The toothbrush... I wake up usually have breakfast then brush my teeth. (i do not feel awake till i brush my teeth) Then get dressed and before I leave i usually brush my teeth once more.

My brush at the moment is my favourite..It's a standard normal reach toothbrush! ITS PINK..which is always cool but its great! My other toothbrush is a fancy super dooper colgate one with different length bristles and its simply CR*P! No the good old standard is the best! No dodgy handle, No weird bristles that miss where your trying to get!

When i had my brace I had this weird brush that went around the brace and ine type in between that was weird hmm....
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
One of my friends has a very yellow tooth. We call it the 'corn tooth'.
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:22
Regular
"That's right!"
"Hmm, once before I go to bed, then again after breakfast in the morning"

That's bad for your teeth. You should brush before you eat your breakfast, that's what I do. Brushing after eating wipes that anamel stuff off (however you spell it) because the acid in the food weakens it, then brushing takes it off, and if that happens, "you're gonna have a bad time."

South Park rules.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.