GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much to send my website via email?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
I want tosend my website to prospective customers via email. Anyone have any idea how to do it or if outsource, how much could the market price be for just the homepage of my site? Many thanks!
Mon 26/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
I want tosend my website to prospective customers via email. Anyone have any idea how to do it or if outsource, how much could the market price be for just the homepage of my site? Many thanks!
Mon 26/05/03 at 20:32
" Crazy!"
Firstly, can I have a link to your website?
Mon 26/05/03 at 22:28
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Annn wrote:
> I want tosend my website to prospective customers via email. Anyone
> have any idea how to do it or if outsource, how much could the market
> price be for just the homepage of my site? Many thanks!

1... Why don't you just send the URL?
2... Would a screen shot suffice?
3... Save As in IE and zip the file and email that!

A... It should cost you anything
B... If your dumb enough to want to outsource this... I'll do it for 20p!
Tue 27/05/03 at 10:16
Regular
1.Recipents are too busy to click onto the URL or some of them think that's a trick to download some sort of virus.

2. a screen shot is not interactive and that means a large file attachment and take time to download.

3. to send a zip file again people will just delete it as they afraid of virus.

We all receive some html-based email everyday and that's what I want.
Thanks!
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You can't send a whole website really by email. Well, you can but I don't really think that the customers are gonna enjoy having to find the hosting for the site if it uses server side stuff.

If it's done in Frontpage then maybe it might work.

Are you intending on mass-mailing loads of people about it or something?

You can base the site within the email either.

If they requested the site, send the URL.

If you're thinking of spamming people. Go x yourself.
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:47
Regular
What I mean is to send ONE page, it's really doesn't matter the home page of a site or an html-based e-newsletter. With links, images etc. embeded. it made interactivity possible and prospective customers can start from there.

The target group are from opt-in list or lists from approved database agencies. It could be mass, but not spamming. We're all busy and no time for that. That's why I asked the price for outsourcing as this may be out of my web ability.

PS: My site is built with Dreamweaver, but I think DW or Frontpage are html editor, so if Frontpage works, DW shouldn't be a problem. Can you tell how you do it in Frontpage? Thanks!
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:16
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> B.. If your dumb enough to want to outsource this.. I'll do it for 20p!

Could I ask what the term 'outsource' refers too?
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:59
Regular
Outsource: pay someone professional to do it for you.
Tue 27/05/03 at 22:23
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Annn wrote:
We all receive some html-based email everyday and that's what I
> want.

I agree with your other three points about user conception of URL's email attachments, I deal with this everday with our marketing dept. As for HTML e-mails. Good, but also not good for the following reasons...

1. You need to host all of your images somewhere and refer to them as "absolute" src's in the HTML will full server and path name. images/blah.jpg wont work, it need to refer to http://www.blah.com/images/blah.jpg.

2. Not everybody has access to software which supports HTML emails.

3. Companies also block HTML email's due to possible viri.

4. Marketing departments across the world have used URL's for years without having to resort to sending an over inflated badly designed file to their prospective client.

The easiest way to produce an HTML email is to open the page in IE, save the code and copy it into an outlook HTML page.

Can I ask what you intend to do with this e-mail?
Tue 27/05/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I know I'm not really the kind of person to be able to say this, but, well, anyway...

You made a site with DW and are intending on sending it to people over the internet to see if they are interested in buying it?

Surely people if they are interested will want something slightly more advanced than a DW created page? DW is just a WYSIWYG editor, anybody can create a site using it.

Don't mass email from your ISP, you'll get banned and kicked off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.