GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it even worth it anymore?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 13:56
Regular
I remember the days when I first joined. My first experience of the notables, they were rude but seemed that little bit special because of their colour.
You had the original elite of FantasyMeister, Grix Thraves, Meka_Dragon, Sniper, Ant, er-no and SHEEPY. They deserved, in fact, still deserve to be notables. You had a small group of people who dedicated their lifes to this forum. The following notables added, pb, Wookiee Monster, Goatboy, RastaBillySkank and Your Honour fitted the agenda. They made the elite bigger but it was still that little bit special, dreaming of becoming a notable one day. From the day Pro Evo became notable however, I think it all went downhill. Instead of voting posters worthy of decent posts and spending time in the forums, fanboys decided to vote other fanboys just so someone would represent their forum. As well as this, Except AfroJoe because he deserved it, none of these so called notables are even turning up.

One solution already suggested would be to get rid of current notables for new ones. I think this is a bad idea as you would get the fanboys voting off a quality notable (any of the above) for someone who’s just turned regular and spent his days chanting PSX IZ KEWL! Another solution would be to stop the elections overall. Old regulars have had enough of it, you can see Snuggly has had enough of it, so why not abolish it?
This way, notables can keep that little bit of credibility before it fades out for good!
I want decent replies not fanboy your JUZ JEALUS posts.

Thank You
Tue 27/05/03 at 04:12
Regular
"8==="
It's just a colour. When I started posting I really didn't notice, or care, to be honest.
Mon 26/05/03 at 15:45
" Crazy!"
Since many people don't want any more notables, make me the last, that way we can stop the elections in a crazy way. See funny that wasn't it, crazy....Crazycol. O your all idiots.

Only joking.

Vote Crazycol!
Mon 26/05/03 at 15:14
Regular
I like Venom's idea. Maybe you should go about telling Snuggly your ideas for the election in August.
Mon 26/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I like that idea Venombyte.

The idea of a secret ballot is interesting.
Mon 26/05/03 at 14:32
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Have a system where the entire notability is re-elected (say six to ten members, perhaps) every six months. Voting should be hidden, working much like an online poll but with the results kept hidden until all voting is complete. Allow each person to vote for two or three different people, perhaps.

That would stop the problem of there being too many notables, as well as easing the problem of the seriously dubious tactical voting apparent in an 'open-vote' election.

Give those who lose their notability an 'ex-notable' status, or something. That way they're still distinguished by their contributions, but no longer the flavour of the month (or six), as it were.
Mon 26/05/03 at 14:09
Regular
"118 118"
I don't really know much about these forums as of yet but I have an idea (it probably won't work at all!)

How about electing a few of the currect notables to retain their status, the most deserving people like Meka Dragon, pb and Grix Thraves who evidently are highly respected around here. Then how about letting only people who have been here X amount of days vote, then only people who know a lot about the forums and the members, can get a chance to vote.

Perhaps if the number of notables is kept to an elite few and then when there is an election a current notable could be voted off and a regular member can be voted to be notable. But if people were happy with the current notable stature then they could not vote.

I think if the amount of notables is kept to a minimum it is more of a special thing if you are votes for or if you get that status.

I dont know if this would work or anything but from what I know of the forums so far, it seems as though it could work out.
Mon 26/05/03 at 14:02
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think they should keep it, but change it from every three months to
> every six, or even every twelve. One notable every three months means
> even the fools will end up being elected one day.
>
> Too many notable cheapens the notability of being a notable. If you
> know what I mean.

6 Months would be alright, but 12? That's a bit long isn't it?
Mon 26/05/03 at 13:59
Regular
"That's right!"
I think they should keep it, but change it from every three months to every six, or even every twelve. One notable every three months means even the fools will end up being elected one day.

Too many notable cheapens the notability of being a notable. If you know what I mean.
Mon 26/05/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I remember the days when I first joined. My first experience of the notables, they were rude but seemed that little bit special because of their colour.
You had the original elite of FantasyMeister, Grix Thraves, Meka_Dragon, Sniper, Ant, er-no and SHEEPY. They deserved, in fact, still deserve to be notables. You had a small group of people who dedicated their lifes to this forum. The following notables added, pb, Wookiee Monster, Goatboy, RastaBillySkank and Your Honour fitted the agenda. They made the elite bigger but it was still that little bit special, dreaming of becoming a notable one day. From the day Pro Evo became notable however, I think it all went downhill. Instead of voting posters worthy of decent posts and spending time in the forums, fanboys decided to vote other fanboys just so someone would represent their forum. As well as this, Except AfroJoe because he deserved it, none of these so called notables are even turning up.

One solution already suggested would be to get rid of current notables for new ones. I think this is a bad idea as you would get the fanboys voting off a quality notable (any of the above) for someone who’s just turned regular and spent his days chanting PSX IZ KEWL! Another solution would be to stop the elections overall. Old regulars have had enough of it, you can see Snuggly has had enough of it, so why not abolish it?
This way, notables can keep that little bit of credibility before it fades out for good!
I want decent replies not fanboy your JUZ JEALUS posts.

Thank You

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.