GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest Moment in a Game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/02/01 at 13:26
Regular
This may have been asked already, but I haven't seen it on here any. What's the scariest thing that you've ever witnessed in a game?

System Shock 2?
Resdient Evil?
Doom2?
Half Life?
Mon 05/02/01 at 14:42
the eyes! The eyes!
Mon 05/02/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dino Crisis had lots of good freaky bits, and those dogs in Res Evil certainly made an entrance, or the same things with the arms through the boarded up windows in Res 2, but there's two moments that stand out for me.

Getting my first 147 break on World Championship Snooker on the PSX. I was left with a devilish long black and an obvious in off angle, so had to apply spin to the cue ball which was right up tight against the bauk cushion. Oh the tension. In the end I missed but it rattled in the far pocket then fell into the middle on its way back up the table. Relief or what?

The worst of all, quite obviously, is Barbie Race and Raaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!
Sun 04/02/01 at 23:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The first time I came across the space station in Doom... whith the floresant lights broken and flickering, trying to see through the short bursts of darkenss to any oncommung monsters!...
Sun 04/02/01 at 20:44
Regular
"not dead"
I think it's when I switch on DK64 and my daughter comes and sits down next to me. Then I know that I must listen to the DK rap, or face a fearsome tantrum!

C'mon Cranky, take it to the fridge,

Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells,
Grapes, melons, oranges and coconut shells....
Sun 04/02/01 at 17:42
Bye far and away

Zelda Majoras Mask, when the mask seller asks you if you've got Majoras Mask back yet and you haven't,

The eyes, the eyes!
Sun 04/02/01 at 16:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
I hate the dogs that run at you in Resident Evil: Code Veronica. It seems to make me jump each time I play it even though I know its going to happen!!
Sun 04/02/01 at 16:06
Regular
Half-Life...

I walked down the corridors, searching with my flashlight... and I found a dead end. So I noticed a small vent in the bottom corner, and I smashed it open, and crawled inside...

As I crawled down the vent... which is bad for me, as I am rather claustraphobic, I tried to point the flashlight a few metres ahead of me... to try and watch for the crabs.

I turned a corner, and faced a very, very long tunnel... I looked down as far as I could. The light from my torch focused on a crab looking at me. As the light hit him, he jumped straight down the light beam, straight towards my face.

I screamed and fell off backwards off my chair.

The final ascent from the Death Star 2 in X-Wing Alliance is also one of the most exciting and scary moments in a game ever too.
Sun 04/02/01 at 15:29
Regular
Amazingly Zelda MM because that moon stares at you scarily and then when you hear that music in the last few hours.
Sun 04/02/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The scariest moment in any game would have to be when you came across the first pink monster in Doom 1, people weren't used to scary monsters in games, they would have died then but now, it is expected and it doesn't scare as much as it used to!

The Game
Sun 04/02/01 at 14:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
when my brother spilt coffee on my Mario64 only a day after purchase,
THAT WAS SCARY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.