GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"any bikers in here?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
Am thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle, Anyone know
whats involved? Where do I start?
Sun 25/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Am thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle, Anyone know
whats involved? Where do I start?
Sun 25/05/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Can you drive a car? Have you been riding a 50cc ped for at least a year? How old are you?
Sun 25/05/03 at 22:33
Regular
Im 22, dont drive a car as always used my mountain bike! Havent
used a 50cc ped either! why?
Sun 25/05/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I believe that now you have to have been driving a 50cc for at least a year before you can move on. If you had a full driving licence then you could drive a ped on that, otherwise you will have to complete a days training so you can ride one with L plates. After that year I think you can move straight on to the motorbike test without taking the full ped test.
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:03
Regular
So I just need a 50cc ped, do a one day training course, take
it that I would need some type of temp licence as well? It sounds
to easy... whats the catch?
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
2G2 wrote:
> So I just need a 50cc ped, do a one day training course, take
> it that I would need some type of temp licence as well?

The training course means you can ride the ped with L-plates; you can then take a proper test, which means you can take the L's off.

Ride the 50cc for a year then you can move on to take more tests for a more powerful bike.

> It sounds to easy... whats the catch?

Money probably what with all the tests you have to take, still, it will be cheaper then learning to drive a car.
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
Thanks Ive been trying to find out this type of info for days
have left messages all over the place with no luck... so thank
you! you a life saver(sort of).sorry but some of the places i got
in touch with were so usless I thought I was speaking a different language!
How much would a 50cc cost roughly?
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh, by the way I forgot to say that you need to send of for the ped license before you arrange the training day. Take it on the day and they fill out some stuff on it.

The day consists of about 2 hours worth of going round cones, testing basic skills such as braking and indicating at the right time, check over your shoulder etc. followed by 2 hours on the road with a earpiece being told where to go and being judged on your driving.

As for ped prices, depends what you want. You can pick up an old banger for around £100, or you could get a nice new one for £1,500. Peugeot(sp?) are quite good, if you’re a bit of a poser then go for a Vespa at around £1,900.

The great thing about them is just how cheep they are o run, petrol last ages. Oh, if you buy a new one make sure you take it easy for at least 50 miles, to give the engine a bit of a run in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.