GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extras on PS2 Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/02/01 at 02:37
Regular
Seeing as the PS2 games are DVD, maybe it would be a great idea for them to DVD extras like the films have.

You could have things like interviews with the creator of the game for big titles such as MGS2. Or if its a sports game like a Fifa game, you could have footage of players doing the motion capture stuff, etc.

Maybe even the adverts and trailors that were used at shows such as E3. I'm sure most of us have seen footage of MGS2 on videos or PS2 demos, so maybe these things could be added to the actual games as an option if the player wishes to watch it.

Sun 04/02/01 at 13:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Er, sorry but i've never seen a DVD's extras ever effect the film on it. At the end of the day, when a company feels its game is finished, its finished. These extras would probably take up very little space and would be nice to have if your interested - just like the films currently have, not everyone is bothered, but they're there for the people that are.

So you'd actually get more for your £40. And if I'm about to get some sorta comment like "fill the whole disk up with game" then they could add an extra disk in with these extras on them. Cause if magazines can afford to throw in demo's on PS2 mags, I'm sure companies can afford to do this with extras. Plus some games have more than 1 disk anyway, but are still the same price as a 1 disk game.

Sun 04/02/01 at 12:48
Regular
"not dead"
No that would be a waste of space, in my opinion.

What the extra storage capacity of a DVD should be used for is making the game as good as possible, so that's plenty of different playmodes, including a decent multiplayer. Excellent, but appropriate cut-scenes, that aren't too long, and skip-able. A really impressive and rewarding ending.

I'd feel ripped off if I payed £40 for a game, and the DVD was half full of interview and stuff!
Sun 04/02/01 at 11:34
Regular
Er.....they do that i must think on the PS1 version, we don't need real footage anyway.
Sun 04/02/01 at 09:30
On wrestling games you could have real life footage showing the characters in the game.
Sun 04/02/01 at 02:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Seeing as the PS2 games are DVD, maybe it would be a great idea for them to DVD extras like the films have.

You could have things like interviews with the creator of the game for big titles such as MGS2. Or if its a sports game like a Fifa game, you could have footage of players doing the motion capture stuff, etc.

Maybe even the adverts and trailors that were used at shows such as E3. I'm sure most of us have seen footage of MGS2 on videos or PS2 demos, so maybe these things could be added to the actual games as an option if the player wishes to watch it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.