GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are consoles losing their touch?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/02/01 at 22:59
Regular
Ok anwser this question:

What is a games console for?

Now if you are a wise gamer and have good genreal knowledge you would say that a games console was for gaming.

What is the liklyhood of this:

Somebody anwsering the question above but anwsering saying not games but DVD etc?

Not very likly, but in some cases it is.

What I am trying to say is that games consoles are about playing games on. Consoles these days (e.g PS2) have added on extra class by a DVD player or take Segas new deal with Pace the set top box maker! Is this going beyond the limits of gameplay? Where is the gameplay in a film or T.V? This all came to me once I saw an advert for the PS2 DVD remote.

Fortunatly, consoles like the Gamecube and Xbox have stuck to what is wanted in the gaming world, and that is games. Last Christmas people I know were only talking about the DVD player on the PS2, They did'nt care how bad the games were!

So, don't let gaming disapper by a diffrent world of entertainment, keep gaming what it is, please, its why we are all here discussing today.

Mon 23/02/09 at 07:09
Regular
DEMONSTRATION
Bailey Pre-Formed roof edging system

Bailey system 5000
Flame Free Roofing
At ANDERSON ROOFING SUPPLIES
Unit 1 Warren Farm
Forest Road
Wokingham Berkshire

26 Febuary 09 8.30 - 11.00am
Sat 03/02/01 at 23:18
"Uzi Lover"
Ok the internet is fine, as we can play online games, download extras for our games etc. And DVD is ok aswell, say for larger games. But things seem to be getting out of hand, I mean, A set top box?

Maybe soon they may have a fold out running machine or something! Hmmmmmmmmm intrestting.

No doubt Nintendo will give us what we want though, they seem to be pure games!
Sat 03/02/01 at 23:12
Regular
Nintendo has been here for years, they will know what to do right and what to do wrong, with the DC gone we've lost one fully respected games companyy that has run for years remember. They've put alot of effort in the years and now they've given up.
Why because they have never really been the tops because of other consoles doing better than their consoles have done and that's the SNES and the PS1.
We've now got inexperience in gaming, who knows everything could collapse and all we would have is Nintendo, but without SOny and Microsoft, there's no support for them to even bother carrying on.
Sat 03/02/01 at 23:09
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
One word: VARIETY, people are happy with games but any extra that a console can offer is always a bonus, both to the customer as value and the company as a selling point. Consoles are bound to have fancy peripherals here and there and internet file download access!

Nintendo and Microsofts Next consoles willl be no different, the GC canplay DVD's not the standard 150mm ones but if and when they make the 80mm discs then we can watch Ronin on our GAMECUBES!

Maybe it is console fate...fnacy that eh....Console Fate?

The Game
Sat 03/02/01 at 22:59
"Uzi Lover"
Ok anwser this question:

What is a games console for?

Now if you are a wise gamer and have good genreal knowledge you would say that a games console was for gaming.

What is the liklyhood of this:

Somebody anwsering the question above but anwsering saying not games but DVD etc?

Not very likly, but in some cases it is.

What I am trying to say is that games consoles are about playing games on. Consoles these days (e.g PS2) have added on extra class by a DVD player or take Segas new deal with Pace the set top box maker! Is this going beyond the limits of gameplay? Where is the gameplay in a film or T.V? This all came to me once I saw an advert for the PS2 DVD remote.

Fortunatly, consoles like the Gamecube and Xbox have stuck to what is wanted in the gaming world, and that is games. Last Christmas people I know were only talking about the DVD player on the PS2, They did'nt care how bad the games were!

So, don't let gaming disapper by a diffrent world of entertainment, keep gaming what it is, please, its why we are all here discussing today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.