GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We were crap!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 23:39
Regular
If any of you saw the Eurovision Song Contest, don't be shocked by the lowest score the UK have ever had in the history of the contest - we deserved that from the way Jemini performed.

Mind you, who decided they should represent us? Shoot them!
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
monkey_man wrote:
Their entrant was a cross between Ernest
> P. Worrel and a paedophile.

Aren't they one in the same thing?

"Ernest goes to Jail"
Sun 25/05/03 at 22:57
Regular
"Wobble"
I don't know what's sadder - the fact that we got no points or the fact that so many people still watch this sh!te and think it's in some way relevant.

Be grateful we didn't win. It would only cost us good money to host the next one.

No, I didn't watch it - I just heard about it on the news.

Sorry, love, but any half-decent singer wouldn't have to hear herself to sing in tune.

It's just another classic example of why we should have nothing at all to do with Europe as far as I'm concerned!
Sun 25/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
The UK song, was, indeed, terrible.
Sun 25/05/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Otaku"
Think about it.

The whole contest is basically a way to drive record sales across most of Europe, all in the name of winning a contest which is judged by countries that most of us would have a hard time giving any significance to in the first place.

Okay, say we won. So what ? A load of people go buy it, and within a few weeks there's about 10 000 of the thing on eBay for 99p and no one wants them. Winning it means nothing, in all likelihood the winners will never break into the biggest music market on the planet, America.

What's more the whole program is dominated by pure pop, last time I checked not every good song was a pop type one. And while were here, far too many of the contestants had obviously got confused and thought the contest was about wearing as little as possible.

Nothing wrong with that, but less clothes does not equate to good song.

Still, for those who do actually care about it, I think we should refuse to join in next year, we already have the strongest music market in Europe
so what do we actually gain from it ? Nadda.

After all, who really gives one iota what Estonia, Latvia or sundry other half forgotten states actually think about music ?
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
"None Stored"
who cares about the eurovision song contest? its more politics than music
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
Why were Tatu on it? I thought signed singers couldn't enter.
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think the judges were trying to send the UK the message that they really don't like us lol. We have isolated our selves by saying no to the Euro, we turned our back on them by going away with America to fight in the war. Oh well, they've sent their message and that's that.
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:14
Regular
"hit the road jack"
What song did tatu try to sing? Was it their latest?
Sun 25/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Did anybody see the Austrian one?! *smiles*
I can't get over the fact that we gave it an 8!
Sun 25/05/03 at 13:31
Regular
Embarrasing.

Embarrasing to our country on a whole.

Why did we enter "Gemini"? They suck!! Awful singers, and so cheesy! We could of at least entered someone more talented, like Darius or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.