GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm leaving - just a footnote."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 13:04
Regular
I'm off. These forums are boring, no-one posts much worth reading, and it's a complete waste of my life.

I've been here two and a half years and I've learnt a lot from a few people. Grix and Goatboy should be given crowns or something, becuase they manage to be interesting. Maybe it's becuase they have something to say.

This place meant a lot to me once. Really, it did, I thought it could make some kind of sense of the outside world. I've been introduced to Pink Floyd, Bonobo, Bill Hicks, Clutch, Counting Crows, millions of films.

I wish I'd left at the peak of this place, I really do. It's just degenerated into a mindless mishmash of people. We had something special around here, y'know? Even once FOG fell, the refugees gathered here...but now all these people, all these NEW people who have spoilt the delicate balance there once was, and there just isn't the same...aptnoshere (sp?). It's not that these new people are particlery bad, they just don't fit in.

So - goodbye. Grix etc, I've learnt a lot. There has to be another forum like this once was, somewhere. Or maybe there's that whole outside world place...

Mouldy Cheese.
Mon 26/05/03 at 09:00
Regular
Goodbye Mouldy Cheese. I remember those days. No idiotic people.
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
"8==="
Stick around. This place is waves and troughs, highs and lows.
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
Don't leave.
Sun 25/05/03 at 09:47
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well, I hope you come back and post sometimes, because whilst I may not respond to your posts, I do read them, and they're pretty good.

Enjoy yourself.
Sat 24/05/03 at 23:40
Regular
Just about what I was going for :^)
Sat 24/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Would you say the 'S' thing came into that category?

No. Your 'S' post was curious and just a little bit peculiar, but it was interesting in a strange kind of way.
Sat 24/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> This forum is a bit of a mess at the moment.

Agreed

> I wish some people would
> think twice before posting trivial stuff.

Would you say the 'S' thing came into that category? I did think twice, despite the fact that it really does pish me off, and I really would like someone to explain how to stop doing it. But since there was little else of interest going on I figured it could stay.

The other one, nobody may have replied but I needed to get it out. Even if nobody has anything helpful to say, just getting it out was kind of a relief.

And from what I've seen of MC over the years (damn, I feel old) he was a great poster. Ah well, another one on the way out...
Sat 24/05/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
This forum is a bit of a mess at the moment. I wish some people would think twice before posting trivial stuff. From what I've seen, you're an interesting poster. It's sad you are to go for good.
Sat 24/05/03 at 22:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Ah well another one goes. They rarely come back you know. I went away for a year or two but then came back. A lot never did. Like Resi. Or MI6. Yes there are other forums out there, but most of the ones I have been on recently hae all been boring. I blame it on MSN and other instant messaging apps. No one signs up for a place to talk to their mates anymore.
Sat 24/05/03 at 20:14
Regular
Well I introduced.. uh.. Due Sex to the forums.

Indeed, you are not worthy :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.