GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"View of Earth from Mars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 04:56
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2931054.stm

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this pretty spesh. The US Government does have its uses!
Sat 24/05/03 at 15:35
Regular
It's not possible to get out there to take the photos, but they can work out what it'd look like, and can take photos of other galaxies that look similar.

Kind of like the space-picture equivalent of the 'Oakleys' I bought in Mexico...
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
"\\"
Nope, i still see it as impossible to see our galaxy, because if we could, then surely we could land on each of the nine planets (maybe not mercury).
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:34
Regular
"118 118"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> There's one thing i've wanted to know so badly.
>
> We've all seen pictures of the milky way, but how exactly do we know
> what it looks like. From what i've seen its hard to get a clear
> picture of pluto. So how do we get clear pictures of something from
> further away? HUH?

Because Pluto is just a planet, a big lump of rock that doesn't give out its own light. It needs to reflect the light of the sun to be visible to us on Earth.

The milky ways are a series of galaxies containing many solar systems with many solar systems in, each containing a sun. The sun is the bit that reflects the light to Earth and makes it visible to us on Earth. We can see them from so far away because they are emiting their own light, Pluto is closer to us but doesn't emit its own light so isn't visible very often.

Hope this makes things clearer fo you pal.
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:24
Regular
"\\"
There's one thing i've wanted to know so badly.

We've all seen pictures of the milky way, but how exactly do we know what it looks like. From what i've seen its hard to get a clear picture of pluto. So how do we get clear pictures of something from further away? HUH?
Sat 24/05/03 at 12:48
Regular
"118 118"
The world doesn't look half bad from that far away!
Sat 24/05/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Every since my parents bought me a book on space when I was about 5, the topic has always fascinated me. Space, when you think of it, is amazing. Space rocks (Haha :D)

Sam Neil once said, "There are as many planets in the Universe as there are specks of sand on all the Earth's beaches"- or words to that effect.
Sat 24/05/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Beautiful

I love space
Sat 24/05/03 at 11:04
"Uzi Lover"
It depresses me.
Sat 24/05/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Looks so peaceful - like a pearl on black velvet.
Sat 24/05/03 at 04:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2931054.stm

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this pretty spesh. The US Government does have its uses!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.