GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantasy Star Universe Beta up on Marketplace...."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Universe'.
Fri 13/10/06 at 12:13
Regular
For anyone who's interested it's available for download over the next couple of days and it'll be playable for a week.
Mon 28/05/07 at 19:12
Regular
"Hiro is a Hero"
Playing this offline in the single player mode, if you decided to not play the extra mode the entire story can be done in around 25-30 hours with no other free missions. I' already at Chapter 11 of 12 and level 47.
Tue 02/01/07 at 22:11
Regular
"8==="
Playing it now but not taking it online, there's better co-op out there.
Wed 06/12/06 at 04:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
You need to make a phonecall to XBox support to cancel it, I'm not sure if you can cancel it from the dashboard.
Wed 06/12/06 at 00:52
Regular
"8==="
Hmmm, that's not bad. So after a month it'll ask me if I want to continue or is it more hassle than that to cancel it?
Wed 06/12/06 at 00:33
Regular
1 month. £6.99. All you need to do is click on 'Buy' when you get to the Guardian's License section of XBox Live Marketplace and your 360 does the rest.
Tue 05/12/06 at 23:53
Regular
"8==="
Apparently the single player's good too, I don't want to pay a subscription fee though.

Hmmm, what's the minimum subscription length?
Tue 05/12/06 at 16:19
Regular
Just a little update because I did eventually end up buying PSU on release day. 11 days of playing later and I've racked up 140 hours online so it's fair to say that PSU is currently my 'best game eva!'. (Until the next one comes along).

Things I like about it:

- Nice variety of weaponskills if you choose to level all of them.
- Great fun if you're a Beast Hunter (Nanoblast and put the smack down on dragons before they can take flight and fry your butt from above).
- Every single mission (there are currently only 18) is soloable, unless you move up from C class to A class, in which case only about 2 can be soloed at my current level 40.
- New stuff is being found every day, rare items, rare spawning monsters, faster ways to travel etc.
- No matter what your equipment, there is always something out there to aim for that will upgrade it a bit more (unless you've synthed all your weapons 10 times and got max resistance on your synthed armor).

Penultimately best of all there's no hanging about, you can login and get straight to the action from level 1 through to the level cap (currently the level cap is 50, it's getting raised to 60 this weekend).

But totally best of all is the music, 4 mission series in particular have kicking tunes belting out whilst you're hacking away at monsters and the musical styles range from baroque arabian thrash to techo hard-dribble to soothing asian mantras to upbeat dis-syncho classical. (There are probably more official names for these musical styles but that's what I call them).

I think it's the first game in history that I've bought the soundtrack to on CD.

So, in short, highly recommended if you fancy a change from WoW, FFXI, Guild Wars etc., but keep in mind the basics of the Phantasy Star series are all intact, i.e. it's very simple in comparison to other more 'complicated' rpgs. I'll be playing it for a long time to come as I can't see anything out in the near future that's going to drag me away from it until Mass Effect gets released.
Tue 17/10/06 at 00:20
Regular
It's good fun when played with a good bunch of chatty people, or preferably folk you know. Without the social aspect though I could see it getting boring pretty quickly.

Me thinks I'll most likely be buying it, just as long as the servers are a bit more stable than the ones in the demo. Almost a blessing in disguise the game coming out in the US a month early, that way they can get things up to scratch before it even hits these shores.

One thing I will say is it definetly shows its PS2 routes. I can put up the last gen graphics, but the long loading times everytime you go in shops and move around the space station is really annoying I find. Oh and the draw distance on the monsters is awful.
Mon 16/10/06 at 16:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh, i was going to give it a try but like i say what with PGR3 keeping most of my time and now what with me getting the English language version of FFXII and also Valkyrie Profile i doubt i'll bother with it and just wait for the other RPG games that are on the horizon for the 360. Plus PES6 will be eating up all my time in 2 weeks :-D
Mon 16/10/06 at 16:00
Regular
Having said that, I'm thinking of getting it (lol).

It's only £5.99 a month or so and I figure I could do with a change of pace from all the constant party seeking in FFXI (which is also repetitive).

Plus, having done an indepth read up of the official website, the offline game (40 hours plus adventure) also includes 'Extra Mode', same as the online mode but offline and partying with npc's from the game rather than real people to cater for all the 360 owners that aren't online.

So... that gives me a month to finish Enchanted Arms... cya later!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.