GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It’s all the fishes fault!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 01:35
Regular
This is all about Ridsdale successor saying how “irresponsible” Leeds were with money.

Previous spending includes:
· £5.7m in compensation to former managers David O'Leary and Terry Venables.
· £600,000 per year on a fleet of over 70 company cars, including £70,000 on one single vehicle.
· £70,000 in one year on private jets for directors and senior management.
· £70,000 recruitment expenses on a senior management figure who left the club in less than six months.
· £20 per month on goldfish for the chairman's office, which have now left the club as part of the cost-cutting measures.

"This is unacceptable at any time, but especially at a time when the club was losing vast amounts of money." Said McKenzie.

McKenzie has said that he believes he can turn the club from rags to riches, but that it wont happen overnight.

So what are your views on Leeds in the next season?

New chairman, newish manager, will this change things?
Sat 24/05/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'd say Johnson is only worth about £4.3m. But £20 a month on Goldfish? What hapenned to them? Sent to the canteen for the players to eat, I guess- the indegestion must have be the cause of the bad form in 2002/3. >:D Ha ha ha!
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:06
Regular
£7 million on Seth Johnson...thats what I'd call irresponsible. Makes the fishes look like a bargain.
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
As they say, things can only get better.
Fri 23/05/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I thought it was bad-enough spending so much on JUST the players, untill I found out about this a few days ago!

How can anyone really new new fish, EVERY-month?!?!

Did Peter Ridsdale used to just sit in his office, in a comfy leather-chair, eating each goldfish, one-by-one, day-by-day, or something???

All the extra expenses on travel 'luxuries' certainly isn't neccesary, and I'm sure the new Chairman will see this.

But the remaining money-wasters from Ridsdale's days may not be too happy with it, and Leeds United could be without a full-board before the start of the new season!

Eiether way, I'm sure he'll make the right choices to get their finances back on track - eventually.
Thu 22/05/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I think it can be sorted out, but it take seasons. It looked to be going pear-shaped for Leeds, but the last few games they seemed to have sttled down and played some quality football.
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's bad enough seeing the world is currently in recession. If it gets worse, Leeds are going down.
Thu 22/05/03 at 01:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
This is all about Ridsdale successor saying how “irresponsible” Leeds were with money.

Previous spending includes:
· £5.7m in compensation to former managers David O'Leary and Terry Venables.
· £600,000 per year on a fleet of over 70 company cars, including £70,000 on one single vehicle.
· £70,000 in one year on private jets for directors and senior management.
· £70,000 recruitment expenses on a senior management figure who left the club in less than six months.
· £20 per month on goldfish for the chairman's office, which have now left the club as part of the cost-cutting measures.

"This is unacceptable at any time, but especially at a time when the club was losing vast amounts of money." Said McKenzie.

McKenzie has said that he believes he can turn the club from rags to riches, but that it wont happen overnight.

So what are your views on Leeds in the next season?

New chairman, newish manager, will this change things?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.