GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Film] Bolt"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/02/09 at 20:22
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Although I wanted to see this movie, my expectation level wasn't very high. I predicted a nice film that young children would enjoy, but I discovered it to be a pretty good watch for older viewers as well. Of course, this may be partly due to my 4 year old mentality, but I will explain in some detail why it is worth going to watch with your kids, nephews, cousins or even some random kid you happen to pick up in the middle of town.

Bolt is about a dog named Bolt (played by John Travolta) who stars in a hit television series called, funnily enough, "Bolt", in which he has various super powers, along with a human girl named Penny (Miley Cyrus). The network employees hide the fact that it is all just a show from the dog, as they feel that the more he believes in it, the more the audience will believe in it. However, each episode seems to follow the boring old "unbeatable hero fights off evil with no hastle at all", cue "Mindy from the network".

Eventually, Bolt gets accidentally packed into a box and sent away into a completely different American State where he meets a cat called Mittens (Susie Essman) and soon afterwards a hamster strangely known as Rhino (Mark Walton) who is a really big fan of the canine hero. Neither Bolt nor Rhino are aware of the fact that it is all make-believe and think that Bolt really does have super powers, whereas Mittens simply views the whole thing as one big joke.

I won't say much more on the plot, however predictable it may be at times, but there are a few moments when even the older audience members will laugh even just a little. Again, most of the humour will appeal more to the kids (and me), but you simply cannot fault a film for that.

The animation also seems like something that wouldn't be out of place in Kingdom Hearts (which is a good thing in my terms). It is such a vibrantly coloured movie that would catch the eye of anybody passing by a display behind a shop window.

Overall, it is an enjoyable film. Take the whole family and I guarantee you will all leave smiling (unless you have a heart of stone! You know who you are). Even if you aren't convinced by now, you should still definetely take your younger relatives to see it, and secretely love it yourself.

8/10
Mon 16/02/09 at 20:01
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> Nice review.
>
> The kids were interested in seeing this and I have a couple of
> cinema vouchers so I might take them.

I saw the 3-d version tonight and it is brilliant, there is a lovely story with some very funny moments. The characters are very well designed and appeal to all animal fans (especially dog lovers)

I loved it and so did my gf - we were laughing and giggling all the time, i would recommend it and have to agree with the 8/10!

Go see it now pb you will love it
Mon 16/02/09 at 15:35
"possibly impossible"
Nice review.

The kids were interested in seeing this and I have a couple of cinema vouchers so I might take them.
Sun 15/02/09 at 20:22
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Although I wanted to see this movie, my expectation level wasn't very high. I predicted a nice film that young children would enjoy, but I discovered it to be a pretty good watch for older viewers as well. Of course, this may be partly due to my 4 year old mentality, but I will explain in some detail why it is worth going to watch with your kids, nephews, cousins or even some random kid you happen to pick up in the middle of town.

Bolt is about a dog named Bolt (played by John Travolta) who stars in a hit television series called, funnily enough, "Bolt", in which he has various super powers, along with a human girl named Penny (Miley Cyrus). The network employees hide the fact that it is all just a show from the dog, as they feel that the more he believes in it, the more the audience will believe in it. However, each episode seems to follow the boring old "unbeatable hero fights off evil with no hastle at all", cue "Mindy from the network".

Eventually, Bolt gets accidentally packed into a box and sent away into a completely different American State where he meets a cat called Mittens (Susie Essman) and soon afterwards a hamster strangely known as Rhino (Mark Walton) who is a really big fan of the canine hero. Neither Bolt nor Rhino are aware of the fact that it is all make-believe and think that Bolt really does have super powers, whereas Mittens simply views the whole thing as one big joke.

I won't say much more on the plot, however predictable it may be at times, but there are a few moments when even the older audience members will laugh even just a little. Again, most of the humour will appeal more to the kids (and me), but you simply cannot fault a film for that.

The animation also seems like something that wouldn't be out of place in Kingdom Hearts (which is a good thing in my terms). It is such a vibrantly coloured movie that would catch the eye of anybody passing by a display behind a shop window.

Overall, it is an enjoyable film. Take the whole family and I guarantee you will all leave smiling (unless you have a heart of stone! You know who you are). Even if you aren't convinced by now, you should still definetely take your younger relatives to see it, and secretely love it yourself.

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.