GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/02/01 at 18:06
Regular
I don't care who wins the console war as long as it is Nintendo, I don't care what games they release as long as they are all 90%-ers, I don't care what peripherals they produce as long as they have speedier internet access and a Mouse, pad and keyboard.

I don't really care what Yamauchi does in his spare time, I don't care what Mr Sony calls himself @ weekends, and I don't mind what Sega do with their Sonic Charachter...all this will unfold in time....

So Mr. Future of Gaming, what ever you have, don't moan about it, don't spread rumors, don't lie or talk french...

...What ever you have....JUST BRING IT!

The Game
Sat 14/02/09 at 18:13
Regular
Over the next few days the forum will be updated to a new more secure server. Hopefully the address will remain the same www.panoramabeach.ukgo.com

Many thanks - Moggy4
VISIT NEW FORUM
Fri 02/02/01 at 23:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The videogame industry will never be dead because it is too popular. The only reason companies are having problems is because of the competition and the rush to get the next system out. At worst i think the competition will go back to 2 companies like when it was once Sega and Nintendo.

Providing Sony improve their way of releasing a system, i think they will be a mainstay in the games industry because of their support and popularity with the casual gamer.

I think the Gamecube is gonna reveal a lot about Nintendo's future. If it doesn't succeed, Nintendo are gonna be in trouble and may have to go the same way as Sega.

Microsoft I think are a big question mark at the moment. They have the money to get on their way, but will they have the support, the titles and the pulling power to attract the public ? Only time will tell. Given a year, we'll know if Microsoft can compete. It may go on to be the next Sony success story, or it could well end up as the next 3DO or Atari Jaguar.

Overall I think the men will be sorted from the boys by the end of 2002.

Fri 02/02/01 at 23:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I don't think that anyone could say that they knew we could be here in 2001. They may have suspected that we would have Pong 2 but not all this Internet 128-Bit console melachi!

I think we have done mighty well for your selves, and when I say we of course I mean the games companies! Regardelss of this I hope we do twice as well as this by 2005, hell I hope we do twice as well by January 2003 but realistically I don't think the industry is anywhere near reaching its full potential.

We have yet to see Dreamcasts Playstations and Gamecubes Join up on-line to have a multiplayer extravaganza! the opportunities are there, its just all about taking them and making them work.

The video-gaming industry is far from dead, this is just the beginning!

The Game
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:04
Regular
Whatever the future of gaming we want only gaming on it's own not DVD players, no Mp3 players just games, and a hell of alot of them!
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:56
Regular
I like the name of this topic! Very original!

But I totally agree with this message!
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I don't care who wins the console war as long as it is Nintendo, I don't care what games they release as long as they are all 90%-ers, I don't care what peripherals they produce as long as they have speedier internet access and a Mouse, pad and keyboard.

I don't really care what Yamauchi does in his spare time, I don't care what Mr Sony calls himself @ weekends, and I don't mind what Sega do with their Sonic Charachter...all this will unfold in time....

So Mr. Future of Gaming, what ever you have, don't moan about it, don't spread rumors, don't lie or talk french...

...What ever you have....JUST BRING IT!

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.