GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"console war ? What console war"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/02/01 at 17:24
Regular
Everyone is going on about the next gen console war but if you ask me I think it was over well before it ever began . You only have too look at the state of things now too see that .
For example SEGA have announced that they are ceasing too make the dreamcast and putting the chipset into set top boxes for tv , so we can count the dreamcast out . Sony botched everything up with their pre-order scheme and I can tell you that because I was one of the first batch too get one . And the games , well don't mention them . Old games tweaked up a bit and the good ones seem to be getting put back till god knows when . Which leaves us with Microsoft and the X-BOX . Well if Bill Gates use his marketing savvy for selling things on this console which by the specs and software companies behind looks very promising indeed . I have already started saving for this new kid on the block .
So to sum up it is goodbye SEGA but good luck developing games . Sony I would like to say something nice but you just shot yourself in the foot by being too cocky and to Bill Gates I say good luck and show them what your made of .
Sat 14/02/09 at 18:09
Regular
Over the next few days the forum will be updated to a new more secure server. Hopefully the address will remain the same www.panoramabeach.ukgo.com

Many thanks - Moggy4
NEW FORUM
Fri 02/02/01 at 20:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey i run a charity ! :-)

Its called SavattsPocket Fund and i hope Mr Gates is reading cause he's more than welcome to make a donation :-)

Wouldn't mind Branson chipping in too - me and my gf have been good customers to him with our flights to see eachother ;-) Ok, so you get plenty of businessmen going back and fourth a lot, but thats different - we're paupers ! ;-))

Fri 02/02/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
edgy said :
"Instead of keeping all £70 billion why not give a few billion or even just millions to charaties all over the wold!"

He does... he gives away a few million to charities around the world every year...
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:53
Regular
We didn't say there was a console war.
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:51
Regular
What I'd like to say to Bill Gates is:

Instead of keeping all £70 billion why not give a few billion or even just millions to charaties all over the wold! Especially for the Indian Earthquake appeal cos they need the money more thn he does! An area about the size of Wales had been affected with thousands announced dead and I think it's millions without homes!

Anyway back to your topic, Sega are making games for most consoles, GBA has officially been announced and I'm not sure but I think PS2 has! And maybe the X-box and GAMECUBE...

...YES GAMECUBE! THE CONSOLE MADE BY THE MOST POPULAR GAMES COMPANY IN THE WORLD WHICH YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION...

...might have Sega developing for them.

Fri 02/02/01 at 18:43
Regular
"smile, it's free"
X-boxer wrote:
> to Bill Gates I say good luck and show them what your made of .

That's not what I'd like to say to Bill Gates.
Fri 02/02/01 at 17:24
Everyone is going on about the next gen console war but if you ask me I think it was over well before it ever began . You only have too look at the state of things now too see that .
For example SEGA have announced that they are ceasing too make the dreamcast and putting the chipset into set top boxes for tv , so we can count the dreamcast out . Sony botched everything up with their pre-order scheme and I can tell you that because I was one of the first batch too get one . And the games , well don't mention them . Old games tweaked up a bit and the good ones seem to be getting put back till god knows when . Which leaves us with Microsoft and the X-BOX . Well if Bill Gates use his marketing savvy for selling things on this console which by the specs and software companies behind looks very promising indeed . I have already started saving for this new kid on the block .
So to sum up it is goodbye SEGA but good luck developing games . Sony I would like to say something nice but you just shot yourself in the foot by being too cocky and to Bill Gates I say good luck and show them what your made of .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.