GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dumb and Dumber-er"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 19:50
Regular
I just found out the cast isn't Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, so now i'm a bit worried about the quality of this film.

I doubt it will live up to the first one, which is one of the funniest movies i've seen in my life. Still I am excited as its written by the same people.

I also think the guy playing Loydde looks scarily like Jim Carrey.

Anyone got any news about this movie or anything they want to say about either of the films?
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I just found out the cast isn't Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, so now i'm a bit worried about the quality of this film.

I doubt it will live up to the first one, which is one of the funniest movies i've seen in my life. Still I am excited as its written by the same people.

I also think the guy playing Loydde looks scarily like Jim Carrey.

Anyone got any news about this movie or anything they want to say about either of the films?
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It's written by different people.

Yeah he looks like Carrey...but the guy (or is it a girl?) playing Harry?
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Hallelujah"
CDouch wrote:
> It's written by different people.

*Starts crying* i see this doing no justice to a hillarious film concept... only time will tell
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:03
"period drama"
It should be called Dumber and Dumbest.
Much better
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:38
Regular
"\\"
But dumb and dumberer is not a word, showing how stupid it is...

All i know is when they met each other (in school i think) and the principal made them pass off as "special"
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
Basically the reason Carrey hasn't got anything to do with it is because a) the Farrelly brothers weren't involved, and b) the salary he commands now is way too much for what they could afford (he commands tons more than he did in 1994, which was his breakout year, and the year Dumb and Dumber was released). I think I read somehwere the original cost $16m, and he'll certainly cost more.

And so, cheap-cash-in ahoy! Producers decide to make a new one anyway. The new Harry looks complete crap, but the guy they're getting to do Llyod doesn't look bad in terms of likeness. And they're setting it in high school! What an interesting and original premise for a film... *yawn*

If this is half-way good (which I hope it is because the original film is one of my favourite films of all time) then I hope they can perhps tempt Carrey and the crew back. If not, we could be facing the hideous prospect of an 80-yr old Harry and Lloyd to complete the trilogy...
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
IT SO LOOKS LIKE JIM CARREY!
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think you could probably sum this film up in one word, it sats with S and ends with T.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cookie monster wrote:
> I think you could probably sum this film up in one word, it starts with
> S and ends with T.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
Have you seen it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.