GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suprisingly good film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 09:47
Regular
Recommended by a mate, I bought "Training Day" over the weekend. Knew nothing about it except Denzel Washington won the oscar for best actor in it blah blah blah.

Didn't expect much from it, watched it last night after my brief tour of Newcastle (didnt see Mojojojojojojo and his one-syllable named drinking gang).
Goatboy verdict?

Absolutely fantastic. Superbly written, Denzel plays a completely different character from his usual black-Harrison Ford routine and I can see why he won the Oscar. My previous cynicism of "Yeah, go Ethnic Worthiness!" of that years results are negated by his performance.
Highly recommended if you enjoy gritty, unpredictable, adult thriller that doesn't patronise you, the characters or offer easily defined moral roles.
And yes, I know 28 Days Later is out now but that's not what this thread is about.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
It's a good film, I like the ending muchly.
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:40
"...Unicef pennies.."
*taps fingertips together*

ex-cellent.
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah Blockbuster have relented, so loads of Warner titles are now available that they got moody about.

Definitely recommend checking it out, not what I was expecting at all
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:20
"...Unicef pennies.."
Goatboy wrote:
> Rent it, it's well worth your time

can we rent it now?

I wanted to see it ages ago, but some dispute between the video hire company and Warner Brothers meant that it didn't get released on hire.
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:24
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I like Denzil Washington...

You were talking about acting ability weren't you

*hangs head in shame*
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I cant stand Denzel either, which is why I avoided it like the plague, and when he won the oscar I, along with many many others, thought "Uh-huh" and didnt bother to watch it.

Rent it, it's well worth your time
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I don't like Denzel Washington, but I might see this now. And Ethan Hawke needs to change his brand of razor, he keeps missing a bit.
Mon 19/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
"King kong aint got s**t on me!"
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> He's let himself go to pies.

I couldn't believe my mince pies when I saw him.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Quality film: it is hard to describe how entertaining it was without
> giving anything away.
---

Even Ethan Hawke aqquitted himself well. Usually his wispy little goatee distracts me, but he was most excellent in this one.
I thought "Dr Dre? Snoop Dog? Meh" and didnt bother with it. The only thing that made me think "Oh dear" was a fat Tom Berenger in the Wise Men meeting. He's let himself go to pies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.