GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
Well I'm finally back in here. ;-)) My comps been a pile of crap lately and screwing up when I go on web sites. Also been playing a bunch of games that I picked up. ;-)

On the XBox, I've just picked up Wolfenstein, Moto GP 2, Burnout 2 (last weekend) and Tao Feng (which is going back cause it sucks).

Hopefully I might see some of you on XBox Live this week playing Wolfenstein and Moto GP 2. ;-)
How've you all been lately ? Hope you've all been able to grab the games you've been after. ;-)

I've gotta find a game to trade in Tao Feng for. At the moment I have these titles in mind to choose from...
Enter The Matrix
Project Zero
Kung Fu Chaos
Tony Hawks 4

Or maybe even a game like Skies Of Arcadia Legends if it comes out next Friday. Any opinions of the games I've listed are welcome and will help me out. ;-)

As for the games I just grabbed, Burnout 2 is the best arcade racer money can buy ! Can be a little frustrating at times but its the nuts. :-)
Love the pursuit mode - can't help but put on a redneck yank voiceover - giving commentary like the police chase stuff you see on TV. ;-))

Wolfenstein is excellent - best FPS on XBox since Halo. :-) Nice to play an FPS without comparing it to Halo all the time. The AI is excellent, the graphics are great and the game is damn fun to play - can't wait to get on Live and start playing it. ;-)

Moto GP 2 is of course basically Moto GP with improvements - one thing I think will be really cool on Live though is seeing everyones customised bikes now seeing as so much more detail and personal touches can be added. :-)

Tao Feng unfortunatly, I'm really disappointed with. It has some excellent ideas and stuff, but its just so cack to play in the long run. A couple of the fighters are pretty good but not really outstanding. The first couple of fights were fine and enjoyable, but later on in Quest mode, the fights degenerate into what I can only describe as the gaming equivelent of Liverpool football club. You stand there with your guard up for the whole match, let the opponent attack you, then counter once they finish the combo. So bloody boring but the game just won't allow you to play any other way in the end - all your attacks get blocked and then you get a thump in the teeth, so that leaves the boring defensive tactic of standing with your guard up.

Once your finished with Quest mode (beat it with a character and you can't use them again in Quest mode), you have versus mode where you basically set up a one off fight against the comp - theres no arcade mode to play through and I haven't seen any character endings. Boring !
Its a sad thing cause ideas in it are great, but they're just put out wrong. Not even all that much to unlock - 1 fighter and 1 extra arena. Bloody big wow. Not a game I wanna keep after spending £40 on it. Theres too many good games out at the moment to warrent keeping it. Looks like Tekken 4 and further playing of Dead Or Alive 3 will have to keep me going until Soul Caliber 2 arrives.

Anyway, I'm gonna be on regularly again now. ;-)
Sat 24/05/03 at 17:19
Regular
Pumpkinist wrote:
> OXM seems to love plastering 'Only on XBox' all over its PSO stuff.

They seem to plaster that over everything. They're idiots.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh and I picked up Tony Hawks 4. ;-) Apparently Phantasy Star Online is gonna be one of those games that suddenly pops up on shelves as my local shop only got the cases and no games - with no release date given to them.

Mind you I have worries about this bug now. I'll throw an apocolyptic paddy if I spend ages levelling my character up only for a stupid bug to delete it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Actually I think I remember that nasty sod of a bug from the DC version. I never experienced it myself but I heard about it from other people. can't believe Sega haven't sorted that out. :-(

Maybe a patch can be sorted out for it though with the XBox having a harddrive.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OXM seems to love plastering 'Only on XBox' all over its PSO stuff.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:28
Regular
I warn you.

Sega have left the same bug in Phantasy Star Online on Xbox that they left in the Cube version. Every so often when you're online, the game crashes while it's saving your data, causing the data to corrupt and loosing your character and save files.

It's so bloody annoying, I had a lv 84 character, lost the bloody thing and haven't played it since. It's a really bad bug as well, about 1 in 5 people you speak to online with the Cube version have had their character deleted at least once.

Superb game, shame about the bug.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
The Tony Hawk's games revolutionised the sport genre - they're great.

The trolley things is a Pro Challenge that must be unlocked.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Tony Hawks games rule. In many ways they are the pinicle of gaming. I have played, completed and unlocked everything in the first 3 games and I can't wait to do it in the forth.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I had Phantasy Star Online on the DC and really liked it. Thing is with this game is that you NEED to play it online as otherwise it does become an average game. Its the online community that really brings it into its own.

One of the things that appeals with Tony Hawks 4 for me is the trolley thing thats apparently in it. ;-))
Does that have to be earned ?
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:32
Regular
Phantasy Star Online is average. Tony Hawk's 4 is excellent, and you can't go far wrong with Project Zero. Kung Fu Chaos is a run-of-the-mill fighter and Enter The Matrix is poor.
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ooooooooooo, sounds promising then. ;-) My minds been made up anyway, found out Phantasy Star Online comes out tomorrow so I'll be grabbing that.

Kinda thinking about doing a further trade in though so feel free to add your thoughts on a game thats worth grabbing. Particularly want some feedback on Tony Hawks 4. Guess I should just move my lazy ar5e over to the reviews section. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.