GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Men 2 - Fantastic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
I'v just been to see "X-Men 2", and it's friggin' great. Some amazing fight scenes in there.
I'll be doing a full review soon, but in short - it's great.
Superb.
Sun 18/05/03 at 15:17
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I've been shot in the head before.

So ner :P
Sun 18/05/03 at 15:17
"The Will of D."
Yeah, I bet wolverine has never been shot in the head before so he doesn't know how to react with it, he knows that he's almost invincible but he was afraid of what might happen even though some one with a bit more confidence would have said "don't worry about being shot at all, you'll be fine"

Also since Jean has never had a mutant name given to her, when everyone else thinks of one straight away as soon as they know what they can do, but she's never had one. She has been afaid of using all of her power before and so has been holding back, that moment when she was holding back the water she was not holding back. She also at that moment realised she could become something else and so she survived by transforming into that being, which we all know is The Pheonix.
Sun 18/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
I haven't been shot in the head before, nr have I seen X2, but, methinks that if you were shotin the head, the force of the bullet is going to propel your head backwards and, as your feet haven't moved, the top will fall over, knowcking you to the ground, think "Dodge this" in the Matrix style.
Sun 18/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I think the Wolverine/bullet part can be interpreted a slightly different way. Granted the concussion probably wouldn't have left him out cold for quite as long (although none of us here can really criticise the validity of this without a proper examination from a qualified mutant doctor ;) ), but I'd expect there's a slight element of shock involved when being shot in the forehead! Maybe part of it was due to that.

Also in the first film he takes a good few seconds to get back up after flying through a windscreen when he's driving with Rogue so it's not as far out as you may at first think.
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Just the other day, finaly got round to it and went with a few guys who know the comic books far too well to be healthy, and a few normal people.

They blatently are going to do a sequel, they've left themselves open for the entire pheonix saga, half the children in the school need to turn evil at some point and we need to see a classic showdown between Pyro and Ice-man while Rogue looks on being pathetic as they've decided not to give her any of her decent powers yet.
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh, yeah, that's very true I s'ppose.
Maybe the bullet hit a soft spot. Who knows.
:-D

It's true about the ending though.
I think they were trying to leave it open for a sequel. Pyro's gone with Magneto's, hasn't he, so there could be something there.
When'd you go see it?
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I had a problem with that film. Well, actually I had a few, the main one being that the end didn't seem very satisfying but that's not what I'm going to complain about.

When they'd escaped the school and were at Ice-mans house, and they went out the front and Wolverine got shot in the head, why did he fall down as though dead? He got up about 3 minutes later after his healing power had healed him and ejected the bullet, but how had it even got to that stage?

We have a guy with an adamantium reinforced skeleton. The film even made repeated references to how his skeleton had been coated in the metal. Now, adamantium is referred to as being unbreakable a few times, and yet he gets shot in the head by a standard issue police 9mm and drops as if he's an ordinary mortal! Surely the bullet should just ricochet off his adamantium skull plating and make him a bit miffed? At the end of the film we see him getting repeatedly stabbed, thrown hard enough into brick walls to break them and yet he's got up again after about 10 seconds. He can't have been concussed, his healing power should have sorted that out in a few seconds.

Anyway, I liked the film apart from the unsatisfactory ending and way it seems to be rushing to pack as much of the X-men storyline into as few films as possible, but that was annoying me.
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'v just been to see "X-Men 2", and it's friggin' great. Some amazing fight scenes in there.
I'll be doing a full review soon, but in short - it's great.
Superb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.