GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"28 Days Later"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 16:34
Regular
Anyone seen this? I would search for some 28 Days Later topics.. But I can't be bothered. Hm.

Got this in the post today on DVD from Brittania. It's still unopened because I wasn't sure whether to send it back or keep it.

So.. Have you seen it? Any good? Worth opening and keeping?!
Wed 21/05/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I enjoyed it thoroughly.
I expected a Brit "homage" to Romero and that's exactly what I got, hence had fun watching it.
Same as Dog Soldiers, I expected a cheesy, no-budget gonzo werewolf movie and that's what it did.

Depends on your expectations. I expect Matrix Reloaded to give me more of the same, just turned up to 11.
I expect Star Wars Ep3 to blow goats, and can only be pleasantly surprised.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There should have been more mad monkeys in it, then it would have been a classic.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I concur - Dog Soldiers is definitely better. I watched 28 Days Later this morning and it was alright. Better than I thought it was going to be, but still not the best British film of recent years.

Did anyone else notice that the "infected" have human voices, saying things like "I hate you", subtly snuck in under the snarls and stuff? The monkey at the beginning did to - "Let me out of here".
Wed 21/05/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I finally got around to watching 28 Days Later last night, and one word I shall say: Disappointed.

It too often felt like I was watching a plodding melodrama than a horror film. The infected baddies were scary enough and there were some good moments, but the film just lacked the sort of “epicness” I would have wanted from that sort of theme.
It reminded me a bit of that drama that was on ITV a couple of years back (The Last Train?), and I felt it belonged on TV rather than at the cinema.
Dog Soldiers is the better British horror film of the two.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:14
Kyz22 wrote:
> I was MEANT to be getting it delivered today, buy play.com are
> incompitent - gits.

That maybe the case, but the prices rule...

Anyways, back to the topic. I watched '28 Days Later' yesterday night and throught it was great. Good plot, great direction and the use of the comcorders and stuff, a job well done. Had an erie feel and was well worth £0 (was free due to my Doritos coupon, jazzy!).

The sagacious one wrote:
> I watched it last night and found it entertaining though not quite as
> enjoyable as Dog Soldiers, for instance. The first half was far
> stronger than the second; as the scenes featuring a desolate London
> were eerie (especially if you know it well) and also suspenseful. The
> second half had its moments but veered away from the intensity of the
> first act.

I agree. Dog Soldiers was much better but still was a great movie. The London scenes were awesome and really wierd.

Good film and well worth it.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I was MEANT to be getting it delivered today, buy play.com are incompitent - gits.
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I watched it last night and found it entertaining though not quite as enjoyable as Dog Soldiers, for instance. The first half was far stronger than the second; as the scenes featuring a desolate London were eerie (especially if you know it well) and also suspenseful. The second half had its moments but veered away from the intensity of the first act: though the juxtaposition of those inflicted with the "Rage", the soldier's primal urges and the lead character was quite profound.

The rugged, grainy look to the film (shot on digital camcorders) worked well I thought too.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:51
Regular
"cachoo"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> And did anyone notice the similarity in the alternate ending of
> Selena's red dress to the one worn by Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil?

I thought the exact same thing. She wore it throughout the whole of Resident Evil..
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:49
Regular
"cachoo"
Biatch.. ner :p
Sun 18/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'm getting it on dvd soon, it has been ordered from play for just £12.99. I'll let you know if its worth getting, I know none of you value a womans opinion...sorry Ms NY :-p (Love you really)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.