GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The simpsons breaking newer boundaries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 12:59
Regular
Yes that's right the new epsiodes of the simpsons have sunk to an even more emabarrasing low. Lisa dreams of two female godesses kissing each other. The simpsons has become so stupid and crap since series 10 and i don't think it can get much worse than this. it's meant to be a comedy program and comedy ISN'T NOT USING SUBTLETY. The jokes are just so bad now, they're to obvious and are just disgusting, it's funny how the episodes have become so distintively crap over the past 4 years.
Tue 20/05/03 at 17:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
the simpsons is still pretty good, nowhere near as funny as it was but c'mon, it's been 15 years!!

i think Futurama and Family Guy are much funnier than new simpsons, but the simpsons is kind of obligated to continue because it generates so much in merchandising revenue. Futurama and Family Guy have (as far as i know) BOTH been cancelled in the US because they weren't profitable enough.

Sure, i and many others found them hilarious and preferred them to the simpsons, but those shows are possibly too clever to appeal to as many people as the simpsons as younger viewers won't understand the gags and hence not watch it.

it's a shame that such an original, influencial (sp??) and culturally significant show like the simpsons can be contracted into mediocracy by overbearing networks/profiteers :(
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:06
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
So you don't like it, yet still watch it? If all you're going to do is complain, don't bother watching it, it's not rocket science! I agree, it isn't as sharp as early episodes, but I still am yet to watch an episode and not laugh at loud at one point or another.

I wish everyone would quit their belly aching and shut up. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, but what miffs me is you'll be sitting in front of your TV the when the next new episode airs.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:33
Regular
They're just milking it for all it's worth now..
Mon 19/05/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm not sure whether it's just my pure hatred for Lisa or not but Sunday's new episode would have to go down in my opinion as one of the worst yet. One of the very few simpsons episodes that has not made me laugh at all. Sort it out Groening
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:29
"...Unicef pennies.."
The Simpsons does rely waaaay to much on cameo's. One every so often is quite funny, but all the time it just seems silly.

It is interesting how The Simpsons is turning into a lot of the things it tries to parody:

Bill Cosby: "Hey kids meet your grandpa Bleeding Gums Murphy!"
Daughter: "Aw, but we have four grandfathers already!
Mon 19/05/03 at 08:33
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
2PacForever306 wrote:
> I thought the show was axed because Mat Groening is clearly running
> out good ideas. The newer episodes are totally **** and jokes aren't
> funny, They should just let show end and die, it's just not good
> anymore.

You're thinking of Futurama ;)
Mon 19/05/03 at 07:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Simpsons was best in the mid 90s, with the best ephisode being Kamp Krusty.
Sun 18/05/03 at 10:58
Regular
"we escape....."
it's cringeful just thinking about an episode with tony blair and david beckham. The simpsons rely so heavily on cameo's it's crap whereas in the first 10 series cameos revolved around a decent episode today the episode revolves around the cameo they spend a whole 25 mins trying to make a celebrity funny which isn't going to work. Plus the market they aim at seems to be perverts, especially that episode where bart and homer were tied together and homer tries to have sex with marge while barts tied to him, it's just got really stupid and the non-sensical plots are boring. It seems just like that poochie episodes, they got some kids to go who wants the simpsons to face some real problems that you might face in every day life and who wants them to have wacky non sensical members. But instead of the asking bit they prolly just did the wacky route. i think that the program was really affected when that actor who played troy mclure was killed a few years ago.
Sun 18/05/03 at 01:00
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
It even said on certain news shows like New Round the creators have pulled the plug on the show, like the X - files Fox's other big name series was on for to long and after about 9 season is now finished for good. The show is getting so desperate that they even considered making an episode with Tony Blair and even David Beckham in it, which is pretty sad because lets face it no- one from US is really of going to of heard them (well maybe Tony Blair) The Simpsons is truely dead.
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:50
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I remember the episode that said they would keep airing “Itchy and Scratchy” until it became “unprofitable”, it is much the same case with the Simpsons. As soon as TV channels are not willing to pay money to host the show, they will stop making them. Until then they will milk it for all it’s worth. Who would turn down the money?

Are they continuing to make Futurama?(sp?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.