GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Console Has The Coolest Name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 22:25
Regular
I always liked Dreamcast...
Mon 05/02/01 at 16:11
Regular
Perhaps the Lynx.

Or the Jaguar. Crap consoles, great names.
Sun 04/02/01 at 23:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
That would explain why Codemasters are releasing all the GBC versions of Sensibles games...
Sat 03/02/01 at 11:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think Dreamcast has to be my fave names on a console so far.

Neo Geo was always a cool name ;-) But then it became the name that people associated with rich kids and spoilt brats cause they're the only types that really has them thanks to the price.
Of course now all consoles are more expensive, but back then we were paying like £150 a time for a console, so £399 or rougly around that was considered a bit overboard for a console - especially when it was also £100 a game !

Sat 03/02/01 at 09:30
GameCube - It plays games, and its a cube!
Fri 02/02/01 at 16:51
Didn't Codemasters buy up Sensible Software? One of the guys behind Sensi and Cannon Fodder (sorry can't remember his name), works there now.

Considering Sega's recent announcements, Dreampast sounds like a good console name!

[The opinions in this email belong to devo's fingers, and devo's brain is having nothing to do with them]
Fri 02/02/01 at 12:41
Regular
"not dead"
I don't know much about it myself. I've just seen it come up a few times in the Japanese sales charts.
Fri 02/02/01 at 12:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
lol... Really? Never even heard the slightest Idea of its existance... What was it like?... Was it any good? hen was it released?
Fri 02/02/01 at 12:30
Regular
"not dead"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> lol... A Wonderswan?!?!?

Japanese handheld.
Fri 02/02/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
lol... A Wonderswan?!?!?
Fri 02/02/01 at 08:22
Regular
"not dead"
I always liked Megadrive because there was a joke that the most people where I'm from would think that a Megadrive is a new steering wheel for their tractors....

Wonderswan. That's a cool name.

Playstation. Simple but effective.

Dreamcast? Well at least they didn't follow Saturn with Uranus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.