GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where can i get?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 09:46
Regular
i need to know where i can get a tutorial for flash mx (or whatever the trial version on their site is) but i have seen lots round and they are far too complex. I want a tutorial which teaches me the basics of user interaction and objects hitting each other etc.

does anyone know where i can find one of these.

AJ.
Sat 17/05/03 at 09:46
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
i need to know where i can get a tutorial for flash mx (or whatever the trial version on their site is) but i have seen lots round and they are far too complex. I want a tutorial which teaches me the basics of user interaction and objects hitting each other etc.

does anyone know where i can find one of these.

AJ.
Sat 17/05/03 at 09:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It's a sahme you have the trial version. The full version comes with easy-to-follow tutorials and lessons built-in to the program.

I once saw a book about ti in PC World though, fi that helps.

And the lessons and tutorials which come with the full version of Flash MX are external, so it's possible to send them to you via email, but there's a lot of tehm and that might take a while!
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:09
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Are some of the tutorials only about user interaction...coz that is all i want. If you could send me them that would be great. would it be via email or what?

my email is [email protected]
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:12
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
you see because i can do the easy things like get something to move accross the page and all things like that but all the coding and user interaction goes over my head.
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.flashkit.com/ is all you'll ever need, probably.
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:24
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I found a great tutorial thanks twain
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:25
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
and turbonutter of course
Sat 17/05/03 at 10:39
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
No probs. So I don't need to send you any, then?
Sat 17/05/03 at 11:01
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
guess not, thanks anyway
Sat 17/05/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
A lot of it is very basic, you can do some pretty nifty stuff just by using tweens and morphing objects.

The code is very similar to Javascript.

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/ [SPACE] multimedia/shockwave_flash/index.html

Look there, have fun! Loads of beginners stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.