GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notradamus- Fake or real?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 00:49
Regular
I trust we have all heard of notradamus. Well for the benifit of those who havent, he was a famous man of long ago who predicted things that would happen a long time in the future. He was most famous for predicting when the world would end.

However many claimed his predictions were to vague to have any truth in them. He was said to have predicted the rein of Hitler. His prediction was, 'Hisler will overflow it's banks in to Germany'. Beleivers claimed that this was Hitler coming from Austria to Germany. Doubters said that a river with a similar name bordering Germany often flowed it's banks.

He was also said to have predicted the attack on the twin towers 9/11.
He said,'The two brothers will come under attack from the sky' He predicted this for 9/11.

So was his predictions proper or were they all just a fake?
Sat 17/05/03 at 00:49
Regular
"Jose Antonio-Legend"
I trust we have all heard of notradamus. Well for the benifit of those who havent, he was a famous man of long ago who predicted things that would happen a long time in the future. He was most famous for predicting when the world would end.

However many claimed his predictions were to vague to have any truth in them. He was said to have predicted the rein of Hitler. His prediction was, 'Hisler will overflow it's banks in to Germany'. Beleivers claimed that this was Hitler coming from Austria to Germany. Doubters said that a river with a similar name bordering Germany often flowed it's banks.

He was also said to have predicted the attack on the twin towers 9/11.
He said,'The two brothers will come under attack from the sky' He predicted this for 9/11.

So was his predictions proper or were they all just a fake?
Sat 17/05/03 at 00:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The predictions cant be defined in terms of fake or real, he has made about 1000 predictions or something, they are all open to interpretation.
Sat 17/05/03 at 11:01
"possibly impossible"
Ok, here goes nothing.

The 9/11 predictions were made up by someone with an interest in showing how Nostradamus worked, they were not written by him. The other predictions are vague partly because they are in the old French language that can be very ambigious to translate, hence some pondering over what they actually said in the first place.

The funny thing is that Nostradamus wasn't the only fortune teller/soothsayer around at the time, or in history for that matter. Galic soothsayers were 2-a-penny at the time and he just happened to be in the right place at the right time and having the attention of the royalty to listen to his predictions. Others may well have predicted similar things or made even more acurate predictions.

I don't think the question is whether he was fake or real, he undoubtably believed himself, but then he spent half the time inhaling substances that would give him visions, so in the end its whether these visions had any way of being correct. Perhaps he found some way of seeing events in the future, some sort of wormhole perhaps, but just as likely his brain was trying to make sense of drug induced visions which were nothing more than dreams.
Sat 17/05/03 at 20:40
Regular
"I'm Great."
Well if you make enough predictions then it's highly likely that some will come true. Even though it might have been possible to see in to the future of some sort. I know that I've been able to see a few things before they happened. I just didn't make note of them. I've dreampt (sp) them but then again I've dreampt many a thing.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
They're all tosh. When was the last time a major disaster was avoided because of one of his predictions? Funny how they always seem to pop uf AFTER the event, isn't it? Not really, it's because some loser starts quoting them as fact because they haven't got anything better to do.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:09
Regular
Well seeing as the world was supposed to end about 3 years ago, I'd say he was a fake.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I beleive he foresaw some stuff but other stuff is complete jibberish. My dad has 'the complete works of nostradamus' and some of it can be related to but other stuff is very vague and can apply to owt.
Sat 17/05/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Don't believe a word of it. His predictions are so abstract you can read anything whatsoever into them. And what sort of egomaniac thinks he can foretell all the major events of the future of humankind anyway. Bull.
Sat 17/05/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Some of it can be related to some things yes but then again in the thousands and thousands of yearson this earth som many things are bound to happen at least once. I predict that on the 6th day of the 6th month 6 people will die in an accident. No that may not happen this year or next, or next, or next or even the next but it will most likely eventually happen. Does that make me a prophet? I think not.
Sun 18/05/03 at 00:06
Utter crap he was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.