GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thought I was a big Streetfighter fan !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Street Fighter IV'.
Thu 12/02/09 at 21:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Some clown on eBay has just paid £115 (£112 + £3 p+p) for a copy of Streetfighter IV : Here

He will get it on Saturday (6 days before the official release).

Its £25.80 to pre-order from GAME (£29.99 less reward points and Quidco cashback).

Thats an extra £89.20 to get a game 6 days early or £14.86 a day if you like.

Obviously the credit crunch isn't effecting us all ?.
Fri 13/02/09 at 21:52
Regular
"eat toast!"
Thats a lot of money for a game. Can't see why they got it so quickly, unless its because they want to start getting really good and beat everyone online or something.

That, or they're compensating for something.
Fri 13/02/09 at 08:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Edgy wrote:
> I wonder if Microsoft will close the Live accounts of anyone
> playing the game before release...
>
> Am I slightly evil for thinking that could happen to someone who
> can afford to pay that much for a game?

I doubt it to be honest mate.I had Asian region free versions of PGR 4 & Halo 3,both about 3 weeks before there US/UK releases.Played them both on live without any problems.It was a bit annoying as every 10 minutes or so kept getting messages from people on my friends list asking how I had them.I was surprised (especially on PGR 4) how many people were on them at that time (and all much better than me !).Difference being I paid about £22 each for them and not £115 !.Only played Halo 3 for about an hour,didn't like it so sold it to my mate (for the price I gave for it).Should really have sold it at a silly price to some sucker on the bay !.
Thu 12/02/09 at 22:58
Regular
I wonder if Microsoft will close the Live accounts of anyone playing the game before release...

Am I slightly evil for thinking that could happen to someone who can afford to pay that much for a game?
Thu 12/02/09 at 21:15
"possibly impossible"
That's why I'm sure the Collectors Edition will sell out on release.

Street Fighter fans are big on collecting.
Thu 12/02/09 at 21:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Some clown on eBay has just paid £115 (£112 + £3 p+p) for a copy of Streetfighter IV : Here

He will get it on Saturday (6 days before the official release).

Its £25.80 to pre-order from GAME (£29.99 less reward points and Quidco cashback).

Thats an extra £89.20 to get a game 6 days early or £14.86 a day if you like.

Obviously the credit crunch isn't effecting us all ?.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.