GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Mature' Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 16:46
Regular
Hang on a second.

Why is everyone complaining about there not being enough mature games on the N64? There are a host of games that have been classified 15 or over.

You've got Perfect Dark, the Turok series.........
for every Zelda theres been a Turok, for every Mario Kart theres been a Perfect Dark. Just because of Nintendos "Cute 'n' Cuddly™ image all there games for older gamers are over looked, instead of being noted.

Cynics are choosing to look at how many 'Games for the Young'ns' are released (which lets face it,there are a lot)
instead of looking at the games that we HAVE got for older gamers.

On the whole, wouldn't you prefer less mature games that were of the highest standard than loads of crappily produced games
that have been rushed to meet the demand for them. I know which one I would choose.

And anyway, so what if there are more games aimed at a younger audience? At the end of the day isn't it the quality of the games that counts over their content?

Would you rather have a rushed, undetailed, blood 'n' guts shoot em up that was aimed squarely at the teenage audience, instead of a carefully crafted, amazingly detailed, well thought out game that happened to be for the younger gamers in society? Again I know which one I would chooose.

Nintendo have obviously been listening to all these complaints because now we've got rumors of Die Hard games flying around the N64 scene, aswell as Conkers Bad Fur Day which, if actually pulled off, looks like something that Nintendo have never EVER tried before.

azz
Wed 11/02/09 at 06:43
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi Guys...just watched the programme about Bulgarian dreams ..what a mess your right we don,t know how lucky we are looking at some thing like that, but saying that i met a fellow over in Bulgaria last year has a studio at panorama beach his name is Brian and he was conned out of £35.000 by mri giving him wrong information about property not far away from panorama that it would be built over looking the sea never was and was right in the middle of a complex block,so you hear all these different stories and may be at the end of the day we were lucky getting away with just the mainantance fee owed to us it could have been alot worse and ended up with sweet FA and the country so far away with different laws...good luck for now napper
Tue 10/02/09 at 20:51
Regular
Found this on another forum, puts our problems in a different light

Link to programe
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:55
Regular
da bass
Thu 01/02/01 at 16:46
Hang on a second.

Why is everyone complaining about there not being enough mature games on the N64? There are a host of games that have been classified 15 or over.

You've got Perfect Dark, the Turok series.........
for every Zelda theres been a Turok, for every Mario Kart theres been a Perfect Dark. Just because of Nintendos "Cute 'n' Cuddly™ image all there games for older gamers are over looked, instead of being noted.

Cynics are choosing to look at how many 'Games for the Young'ns' are released (which lets face it,there are a lot)
instead of looking at the games that we HAVE got for older gamers.

On the whole, wouldn't you prefer less mature games that were of the highest standard than loads of crappily produced games
that have been rushed to meet the demand for them. I know which one I would choose.

And anyway, so what if there are more games aimed at a younger audience? At the end of the day isn't it the quality of the games that counts over their content?

Would you rather have a rushed, undetailed, blood 'n' guts shoot em up that was aimed squarely at the teenage audience, instead of a carefully crafted, amazingly detailed, well thought out game that happened to be for the younger gamers in society? Again I know which one I would chooose.

Nintendo have obviously been listening to all these complaints because now we've got rumors of Die Hard games flying around the N64 scene, aswell as Conkers Bad Fur Day which, if actually pulled off, looks like something that Nintendo have never EVER tried before.

azz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.