GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 footage on IGN"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:38
Regular
Just downloaded it to have a ganda and I gotta say I'm not impressed in the slightest. The graphics are okay but Metroid Prime is far more detailed and immersive, the guns look quite literally weedy, kinda like you're firing automatic spud guns. The on rails sections look quite simply dull and the voice acting is just laughable. I nearly pieced myself when I heard the big butch American guy in the opening FMV say "we're going in"

Of course what i just wrote is all most likely lies and I could have thought it looks really rather amazing and it might have just decided for me that I will be getting an Xbox in the coming months.

You decide.

Oh and I recommend you all download the clip, if only to laugh at the American's whooping and hollering everytime a gun's fired.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:38
Regular
Just downloaded it to have a ganda and I gotta say I'm not impressed in the slightest. The graphics are okay but Metroid Prime is far more detailed and immersive, the guns look quite literally weedy, kinda like you're firing automatic spud guns. The on rails sections look quite simply dull and the voice acting is just laughable. I nearly pieced myself when I heard the big butch American guy in the opening FMV say "we're going in"

Of course what i just wrote is all most likely lies and I could have thought it looks really rather amazing and it might have just decided for me that I will be getting an Xbox in the coming months.

You decide.

Oh and I recommend you all download the clip, if only to laugh at the American's whooping and hollering everytime a gun's fired.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Oh and I recommend you all download the clip, if only to laugh at the
> American's whooping and hollering everytime a gun's fired.

I think they were audience members from a Jerry Springer show invited to see the Microsoft demos.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:46
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Any chance of a link to the page? Me cant's find it.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:49
Regular
http://insider.ign.com/videos/articles/402/402116p1.html

Not sure if you can download it without Insider.
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Not sure if you can download it without Insider.

Nope.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's early days yet. It's already been put back to 2004. I can't Bungee releasing it unless it at least matches the original.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:02
Regular
I'm guessing you liked the look of the Halo 2 trailer then, Mr Tilitawhirl.

It does look rather impressive does'nt it....

Should see some demo footage at E3. I hope.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Oops, I guess I didn't read all the post, you deceiver!
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:32
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:

> Should see some demo footage at E3. I hope.

That's what i've been looking at, 8 minutes of footage of some Bungie guy playing it from the press conference.

It looks rather sweet.

*whoops and hollers like a redneck American*
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:49
Regular
What what what? E3 has begun?

Nice!

Ooo and Tilta, have you seen the first video that was released, like last september or whenever it was?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.