GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Project:Snowblind(Steam)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project: Snowblind'.
Fri 06/02/09 at 19:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Over the past few years I have downloaded a few games using Steam - Half Life 2 + Episodes, Sin Episodes etc etc and have never had any problems with the games concerned.
This week, during yet another snowy afternoon, I downloaded Project:Snowblind. Not a particularly riverting game, but none the less a FPS. The in-game graphics are fine but the problem exists with the user interface ie the text. The text is blurred and no amount of 'tweaking' seems to improve its clarity. This obviously detracts from the game as hints etc are unreadable. No graphic options are available in game and Steam only offer the chance to add various flags to the command-line to change display settings and resolutions.

Has anyone any suggestions for improving the clarity of the text display in the game? Or has anyone else had this problem?

The same happens within Audiosurf, which I downloaded last August - the text is blurred no matter which resolution is selected.
Sun 08/02/09 at 22:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> i've got project slowblind and i can remember that the game
> caused no end in grief with random crashing and other bugs. It
> was a very average game. Ok for one play through and then never
> again.

Totally agree - don't know what level I've got to now, but with so many crashes it's hard to say. Shame, because it has some good moments - where, I can't say - because of the crashes. I shall try and continue :-P
Sun 08/02/09 at 18:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
i've got project slowblind and i can remember that the game caused no end in grief with random crashing and other bugs. It was a very average game. Ok for one play through and then never again.
Sat 07/02/09 at 07:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one HM, would appreciate a possible solution. Seems that Eidos took a lot of flack for the shoddy nature of their 'development' if you read the forums. A promised patch never materialised and the 'bugs' seem to be endless, affecting PCs and consoles in all manner of different ways - an awful lot of unhappy gamers:-(
Fri 06/02/09 at 22:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I actually believe it is a design fault with the game. We had loads of people with same problems with the game, across all platforms (even on the PS2!).

Not really sure what we used to suggest. If I go back into Game over the weekend, I shall ask how we resolved it.
Fri 06/02/09 at 19:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Over the past few years I have downloaded a few games using Steam - Half Life 2 + Episodes, Sin Episodes etc etc and have never had any problems with the games concerned.
This week, during yet another snowy afternoon, I downloaded Project:Snowblind. Not a particularly riverting game, but none the less a FPS. The in-game graphics are fine but the problem exists with the user interface ie the text. The text is blurred and no amount of 'tweaking' seems to improve its clarity. This obviously detracts from the game as hints etc are unreadable. No graphic options are available in game and Steam only offer the chance to add various flags to the command-line to change display settings and resolutions.

Has anyone any suggestions for improving the clarity of the text display in the game? Or has anyone else had this problem?

The same happens within Audiosurf, which I downloaded last August - the text is blurred no matter which resolution is selected.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.