GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bitmap ---> Jpeg"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 17:34
Regular
Having had Paint Shop Pro 7 '30 day trial' instsalled on my PC for god-knows how long and never using it, when I came to use it for saving bitmaps as Jpegs (paint saves them all blurry and crap) it decides to say my trial period has run out after a few days (despite the fact when I first used it about a week prior to it 'running out' I was on day 300 and something...)

Anyway, I basically need some way of saving bitmaps as Jpegs for use on a website... without forking out for some graphics package... any suggestions of a free package welcome...

Oh, and while we're at it, I know there's a way to pre-load images on a page (eg. for rollovers) but I need to know how to code it... any help appreciated...
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Having had Paint Shop Pro 7 '30 day trial' instsalled on my PC for god-knows how long and never using it, when I came to use it for saving bitmaps as Jpegs (paint saves them all blurry and crap) it decides to say my trial period has run out after a few days (despite the fact when I first used it about a week prior to it 'running out' I was on day 300 and something...)

Anyway, I basically need some way of saving bitmaps as Jpegs for use on a website... without forking out for some graphics package... any suggestions of a free package welcome...

Oh, and while we're at it, I know there's a way to pre-load images on a page (eg. for rollovers) but I need to know how to code it... any help appreciated...
Microsoft Paint?
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sibs wrote:
(paint saves them all blurry and crap)
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:43
Ah.
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Indeed.
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.gimp.org/win32/
Mon 12/05/03 at 19:34
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Here is the code for preloading the images. Stick it between the tags:

The first number in the brackets is the width of the image, the second is the height. Change the image sources as needed, and if you need to put more images in the list, be sure to continue following the pattern.

As for a graphics program, I found that the easiest way to get one without forking out loads of dosh is to basically use something like Kazaa to download it.

Sorry, that all I can think of, unless you send the images via email to one/some of us and we sort it out for you (oh gawd)!
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:25
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
I'd recommend Irfanview ... a very popular choice ...

http://www.irfanview.com/
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Digging!"
http://www.iwsinc.com/

They do decent image software, but I dunno how much it costs, and the software I use form them they no longer do (PhotoRecall DarkRoom if your bothered).
Tue 13/05/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I haven't yet tried the scripty thing but I'm assuming that "hide from none JavaScript Browsers" should be "hide from non JavaScript Browsers"...?

Or maybe I am jumping to conclusions...

Anyway, thanks for all the help, I shall follow up some of the leads in a bit!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.