GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - new packages?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/02/09 at 16:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
Am I correct in thinking that the current Freeola Broadband packages are being revised in the near future?

If there are changes coming up can you please document them as soon as you are able.

I often sign up clients to Freeola Broadband so would appreciate any updates.

Thanks.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 03/03/09 at 12:13
"Are you sure?"
Any word on the 'new' ALT's operation yet please?

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 27/02/09 at 19:06
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that.
I see the main Broadband pages have also been updated now :¬)

Can someone please explain how the ALT (Anti Loss Tool) will now work as I believe this will be changing?

Thanks again.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 27/02/09 at 18:13
Staff
Hmmm... wrote:
> Shame about the 'upstream' I was hoping my connection would move
> to 832 :¬( (must have read that wrong).
>
>
> all of our customers have been on up to 8mb/s services for a
> considerable period of time.
>
> I'm not sure that's correct.
> I still have a few clients I've introduced who appear to be on
> 'Fixed speed - no limit' packages - that's what your invoices
> show and the line sync!?
>
> The reason I mentioned rural lines is (as you no doubt know)
> long, poor quality lines can perform poorly on ADSL Max with it's
> IP Profiling etc.
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

The product we show on your invoice may show 512k/s but the underlying product for those customers is actually a max product and has been for some time. In general we recommend Max even on rural lines, though as you say there are some lines where it performs poorly. Its generally myself who actions any change of product outside our normal product (such as moving a MAX to a standard ADSL) as we incur minor costs switching BT products, and I doubt if there are more than half a dozen or so customers still on standard rate ADSL.

The easiest way to check, (other than asking support!) is to check your upstream speed, if you are showing 256 then you are on one of the original products, if your speed is 448 or 832 you are on Max. From both cost and customer satisfaction points of view, we are happy to have customers on as fast a product as we can put them onto!
Fri 27/02/09 at 17:29
"Are you sure?"
Shame about the 'upstream' I was hoping my connection would move to 832 :¬( (must have read that wrong).

> all of our customers have been on up to 8mb/s services for a
> considerable period of time.

I'm not sure that's correct.
I still have a few clients I've introduced who appear to be on 'Fixed speed - no limit' packages - that's what your invoices show and the line sync!?

The reason I mentioned rural lines is (as you no doubt know) long, poor quality lines can perform poorly on ADSL Max with it's IP Profiling etc.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 27/02/09 at 13:31
Staff
Upstream won't be increasing on standard ADSL lines, as we are restricted to either 448 or 832 (depending on whether on a office tariff or a home tariff). The 21CN (ADSL1/2+) upstream is not capped in the same manner as ADSL, and can go as high as 1100 depending on the line speed and quality. From a package point of view, we will not be distinguishing from customers on a ADSL1, ADSL1 on a 21CN exchange and ADSL2+ on a 21CN exchange, but from a technical angle I believe that our customers already on 21CN exchanges should already be getting upload speeds of up to 1000.

I'm not sure yet how we will manage the transfer of customers from ADSL1 to ADSL2+ who are already on 21CN exchanges, however as soon as this is finalise I will let everyone know.

Customers in rural areas will not be affected any differently to any other users by any changes (with the obvious exception that they are unlikely to improve their speed significantly by moving to 21CN) as with a very few specific exceptions where we have moved customers on advice of BT or to solve specific problems, all of our customers have been on up to 8mb/s services for a considerable period of time.
Fri 27/02/09 at 13:03
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update :¬)

I was hoping that the 'upstream' speed would be increasing on normal (up to 8Mb) packages?

I also have a few 'clients' on your fixed rate packages (long flakey rural lines which may not suit ADSL Max) - will they be continuing?

I look forward to reading the small print...
Thanks again.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 27/02/09 at 12:39
Staff
Just to let everyone know that the new tariffs will be launched today (New customers at first only, but everyone will be moved to the new equivalent package by the 31st March) , the main points of the new tariffs are

1) Peak usage on each package has been increased by 20% so for example our starter package at £19.56 will now have 12GB of peak usage rather than 10GB. This will apply to each price band package, so for example the 30GB package will now have 36GB at peak times.

2) Off peak usage has now been changed to unlimited, however the hours in which off-peak applies have been reduced slightly. From the 31st March off-peak will be 12.00 am to 8.00 am Mon-Fri and all day on weekends. All other times are peak time. Overusage of peak time will now be charged at 90p/GB or part thereof.

3) We will soon be offering customers on the new 21CN exchanges the opportunity to have their accounts switched to ADSL2+, which will mean that the maximum speed obtainable (depending on line quality and distance from the exchange) will be 24mb/s. There will be no difference in price, however you will need suitable equipment and to be on a converted exchange.

We think that overall the new tariffs will benefit the majority of customers, and hope our customers agree!

Hopefully the new tariffs will be displayed on our website in full some time later today, and the plan is to send an email bulletin to all affected users later today.
Fri 20/02/09 at 09:17
"Are you sure?"
ncrs wrote:
> There are some ongoing discussions at the moment, but nothing has
> yet been finalised.
>
> As soon as we have confirmation of any changes we will announce
> them to customers as quickly as possible.

Thanks for that.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 19/02/09 at 17:12
Staff
There are some ongoing discussions at the moment, but nothing has yet been finalised.

As soon as we have confirmation of any changes we will announce them to customers as quickly as possible.
Thu 19/02/09 at 11:55
"Are you sure?"
Hello,
Any comment on this please?
Have I misunderstood possible changes by your ADSL provider and nothing is changing for Freeola customers?

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.