GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Men 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/03 at 21:00
Regular
Saw this the other day and here's my review of X2.

Plot: The travels of the X-Men continues, with Captain William Stryker trying to control all of the mutants on Earth so that they can be manipulated. The usual line-up are the enemies to them and we have those in-betweeners including Magneto and co returning.

Notes: This film is amazing in every aspect. In fact, I'd almost call it a flawless film. Actors - excellent. Special effects = excellent. Plot = excellent. Everything is, if you haven't guessed, excellent. One minor niggle: some of the actors are different such as Pyro and such and some characters from the first are missing completely.

Cast & Directing: Apart from the aforementioned lack of some actors and or change of some, the cast are all back and act amazingly as they did in the first one. Superb direction too :)

Best bit: So many. Nightcrawler killing about seven-hundred guards, Magneto using iron balls to break out of prison, Mystique...in general...

Ending: Pretty good, as it left it open for X3 and hardcore fans will know what is coming.

Opinion: Super-cool. Getting the DVD quality one next week :D and can't wait for X3 :)

Official Site: www.x2-themovie.com

Rating: 10/10

Noobster
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:00
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Saw this the other day and here's my review of X2.

Plot: The travels of the X-Men continues, with Captain William Stryker trying to control all of the mutants on Earth so that they can be manipulated. The usual line-up are the enemies to them and we have those in-betweeners including Magneto and co returning.

Notes: This film is amazing in every aspect. In fact, I'd almost call it a flawless film. Actors - excellent. Special effects = excellent. Plot = excellent. Everything is, if you haven't guessed, excellent. One minor niggle: some of the actors are different such as Pyro and such and some characters from the first are missing completely.

Cast & Directing: Apart from the aforementioned lack of some actors and or change of some, the cast are all back and act amazingly as they did in the first one. Superb direction too :)

Best bit: So many. Nightcrawler killing about seven-hundred guards, Magneto using iron balls to break out of prison, Mystique...in general...

Ending: Pretty good, as it left it open for X3 and hardcore fans will know what is coming.

Opinion: Super-cool. Getting the DVD quality one next week :D and can't wait for X3 :)

Official Site: www.x2-themovie.com

Rating: 10/10

Noobster
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:51
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Sounds Good
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
Sounds excellent - Im going to see it next week whooo hooo!
Sun 11/05/03 at 16:44
"The Will of D."
I really liked the bit near the end that had something to do with Evolution that I'm not going to go into detail here as it will spoil it for the rest of you.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:47
Regular
"I see you"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I really liked the bit near the end that had something to do with
> Evolution that I'm not going to go into detail here as it will spoil
> it for the rest of you.

No need to spoil it, as everyone probably already knows anyway.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Light of the world"
I thought it was brilliant. Saw it yesterday. Good acting, good plot, nice lead on from the last one.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:14
"The Will of D."
Silent Assassin wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I really liked the bit near the end that had something to do with
> Evolution that I'm not going to go into detail here as it will spoil
> it for the rest of you.
>
> No need to spoil it, as everyone probably already knows anyway.

Still there's usually an entire group of people who are lazy and wait for it to come out on DVD and video.
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:15
Regular
"I see you"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Still there's usually an entire group of people who are lazy and wait
> for it to come out on DVD and video.

Ah i know the type all too well, as i used to be one of these people.
Mon 12/05/03 at 19:33
"The Will of D."
I was one of those type because most of films I wanted to see were 15+ but now almost all of the recent films are 15's and I'v been 15 for almost a year now.

I couldn't even go see matrix when it first came out! What bad luck was that!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.