GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OVER G FIGHTERS Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Over G Fighters'.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:30
"possibly impossible"
Soaring through the skies, smashing through clouds, defeating enemy planes to within a whisker of death. All of this and more certainly won’t be what you’ll be experiencing if you play Over G Fighters.

As a game premise it looks excellent. Fly loads of different aircraft in a thrilling series of dogfights and ground attacks against vast numbers of enemies. Throw in online dogfighting and you can’t go wrong. Or can you? Well, Konami seem to have been busy putting the playability, graphics and sound in to other games, because they’re distinctly lacking in this one.

Despite the endless bad reviews, I thought that I’d give it a go. After all, how bad can it be, right? Well, let me tell you, it can be really bad. From the moment the screeching electronic guitar music chimes in to the bland (if detailed) graphics showing you the outside of your plane during the first take-off, you’re aware that something isn’t quite right. But once you get in to the plane and experience the feeling of flying through some sort of thick treacle, you soon realise that this isn’t a game that was meant to be enjoyed.

But I tried to put this aside. After all, my first dogfight was coming up. Or so I thought. What actually happened was this:
‘Ah, the annoying wingman is telling me that there are enemies ahead.’
‘hm. Two red boxes have appeared on my screen, I imagine that the planes will appear soon.’
‘Ah, no. They seem to be still two red boxes, even though I’m now on full power. Oh well, lets see if I can hit them with a missile’
‘Oh, I seem to have scored a direct strike against that far away red box, without even lining it up. Those missiles must be good.’
‘Hang on, is that it? The wingman’s telling me what I good job I’ve done and that we’re heading back to base…’

And that is the extent of the excitement. Ground missions are even worse. A flat, lifeless dessert awaits below me. Any sense of excitement soon passed when I realised that finding small enemy vehicles on the dodgy detailed ground was akin to finding a needle in a haystack. But, hey, just let a couple more missiles off and they’ll soon strike my invisible targets. What fun!

So full points to Konami there for making what I consider to be the worst 360 game I’ve played so far. If you feel like flying through the skies and shooting down enemies, go buy the Xbox Crimson Skies second hand, it even works with the 360 and will give you hours more enjoyment than this.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:30
"possibly impossible"
Soaring through the skies, smashing through clouds, defeating enemy planes to within a whisker of death. All of this and more certainly won’t be what you’ll be experiencing if you play Over G Fighters.

As a game premise it looks excellent. Fly loads of different aircraft in a thrilling series of dogfights and ground attacks against vast numbers of enemies. Throw in online dogfighting and you can’t go wrong. Or can you? Well, Konami seem to have been busy putting the playability, graphics and sound in to other games, because they’re distinctly lacking in this one.

Despite the endless bad reviews, I thought that I’d give it a go. After all, how bad can it be, right? Well, let me tell you, it can be really bad. From the moment the screeching electronic guitar music chimes in to the bland (if detailed) graphics showing you the outside of your plane during the first take-off, you’re aware that something isn’t quite right. But once you get in to the plane and experience the feeling of flying through some sort of thick treacle, you soon realise that this isn’t a game that was meant to be enjoyed.

But I tried to put this aside. After all, my first dogfight was coming up. Or so I thought. What actually happened was this:
‘Ah, the annoying wingman is telling me that there are enemies ahead.’
‘hm. Two red boxes have appeared on my screen, I imagine that the planes will appear soon.’
‘Ah, no. They seem to be still two red boxes, even though I’m now on full power. Oh well, lets see if I can hit them with a missile’
‘Oh, I seem to have scored a direct strike against that far away red box, without even lining it up. Those missiles must be good.’
‘Hang on, is that it? The wingman’s telling me what I good job I’ve done and that we’re heading back to base…’

And that is the extent of the excitement. Ground missions are even worse. A flat, lifeless dessert awaits below me. Any sense of excitement soon passed when I realised that finding small enemy vehicles on the dodgy detailed ground was akin to finding a needle in a haystack. But, hey, just let a couple more missiles off and they’ll soon strike my invisible targets. What fun!

So full points to Konami there for making what I consider to be the worst 360 game I’ve played so far. If you feel like flying through the skies and shooting down enemies, go buy the Xbox Crimson Skies second hand, it even works with the 360 and will give you hours more enjoyment than this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.