GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top quality Video Editing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/03 at 15:54
Regular
I'm getting keep on this whole Video-Editing area, and just wanted to ask a couple of questions to anyone who can help.

Firstly, What is the resolution TV's display in??

What is the best format to publish video clips on the Internet, for compatibility as well as quality and minimum size??

But for now, the main question is about editing software. At the moment all I can really find are packages that let you join clips together, and add fancy effects to go from one to the next, but don't really let you edit frames or the images.

Can anyone recommended a really good package(s) which allow for more custom clips to be put together, edit each frame on it's own and generally have more freedom which your project??

Also, while I'm here, can anyone recommend any good DVD publishing packages, which allow for really custom designs and layouts, rather than the pre-designed stuff which comes with most software I've found.

Thanks for any details from anyone.
Fri 09/05/03 at 22:30
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
Visit http://www.simplydv.com

Chris.
Thu 08/05/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Twain wrote:
> cjh wrote:
> What is the resolution TV's display in??
>
> Resolution depends on screen size, but the ratio is usually 4:3,
> unless it is widescreen, in which case it will be 16:9

Thats not the resolution but the ratio. I dont think there is a proper resolution for Tvs as for example a VCD can have a small resoution but its enlarged to fit the size of the TV. High Def Tvs have a resolution of 1920x720 I think. I think a standard TV could be 800x600. But as I have already said a VCD could be 320x240 and be enlarged to fit a 40" TV and still keep pretty good quality.

The best format to publish files on the internet is DivX or Xvid. Both can compress files to become very small. Encode them to use MP3 audio at a medium/high rate and the audio stays small but good quality. Video can be encoded at a low rate if the source video is quite good. I do alot of encoding of MPG files for episodes. I typically take a 430mb MPG and make a 175mb DivX avi file. Have a audio of 96Kbit/s in MP3, and video bitrate of 450kbit/s.
Thu 08/05/03 at 18:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
cjh wrote:
> I'm getting keep on this whole Video-Editing area, and just wanted to
> ask a couple of questions to anyone who can help.
>
> Firstly, What is the resolution TV's display in??

Resolution depends on screen size, but the ratio is usually 4:3, unless it is widescreen, in which case it will be 16:9

> What is the best format to publish video clips on the Internet, for
> compatibility as well as quality and minimum size??

Maybe .avi, but I've never done that before because I saw no point ad they took up too much space, so I might be wrong.

> But for now, the main question is about editing software. At the
> moment all I can really find are packages that let you join clips
> together, and add fancy effects to go from one to the next, but don't
> really let you edit frames or the images.
>
> Can anyone recommended a really good package(s) which allow for more
> custom clips to be put together, edit each frame on it's own and
> generally have more freedom which your project??

All I can think of is Adobe Premiere, but I've never used it so it might not do what you ask for.

> Also, while I'm here, can anyone recommend any good DVD publishing
> packages, which allow for really custom designs and layouts, rather
> than the pre-designed stuff which comes with most software I've
> found.

erm . . . dunno. Ask Turbo about that one

> Thanks for any details from anyone.
Thu 08/05/03 at 15:54
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm getting keep on this whole Video-Editing area, and just wanted to ask a couple of questions to anyone who can help.

Firstly, What is the resolution TV's display in??

What is the best format to publish video clips on the Internet, for compatibility as well as quality and minimum size??

But for now, the main question is about editing software. At the moment all I can really find are packages that let you join clips together, and add fancy effects to go from one to the next, but don't really let you edit frames or the images.

Can anyone recommended a really good package(s) which allow for more custom clips to be put together, edit each frame on it's own and generally have more freedom which your project??

Also, while I'm here, can anyone recommend any good DVD publishing packages, which allow for really custom designs and layouts, rather than the pre-designed stuff which comes with most software I've found.

Thanks for any details from anyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.