GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People of SR, lend me your ears!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 21:16
Regular
Ok, erm where do I start really? Well how about with the problem? So I walk into my parents room to answer the phone and *SHOCK* concealed around the corner of the bed, all my Dads belongings, packed up in green recycle bags.

Now its become abundantly clear he’s leaving and not coming back, but what I want is advice.

What kind of advice? I don’t know exactly. I want advice from people who’s parents have been and done this, not as much advice from people in fairy tale families, because you’ll say “You’ll be fine” with no clue as to what your talking about (excuse the painful bluntness but I’m sure you can understand my mood)

Now I have a Girlfriend (and believe me there’s no place I’d rather be right now than with her, but that’s not happening) so im going with option B, stay in my room alone. My girlfriend is my best friend and is the only person (up until now) I’ve told about my parents ever deteriorating relationship, but I don’t really like offloading on her, so chatters I turn to you.

You usually all very opinionated and love to give advice so fire away, I’d really love some.

What can I expect?
How should I think?
How do I cope?
Anything else you’d like to throw in.

I like to feel im a calm person, but as of now little things are starting to stress me out, such as the 20 minutes it took to connect just now and the breaki9ng of my second PS2, so I really am finding it hard to release my stress.

Please fire away with any contributions…
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:35
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Well, in an attem to purchase my love my mum has ordered me a £150 phone, but i cant take it from her, how do i say "mum i cant take this" without offending her and rejecting her love?
Sun 11/05/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Light of the world"
o rite, see where you coming from. But i would go mad if my bf was in your position and didnt tell me... believe me as a gf myself we care too much to not want to listen.
Sun 11/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Yea, but i been offloading on her alot lately, i think she deserves a break for a little while, she got AS exams and stuff to worry about.
Sun 11/05/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Light of the world"
That is true. If she loves you and see's you as her best friend im sure she would hate to find out you didnt tell her your in pain. You can't keep things to yourself if you can trust her than talk to her. Im sure she wouldn't see it as offloading. Shes your gf after all man she would want to be there through this if she is any good.
Sun 11/05/03 at 18:21
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I would reccommend talking to your girlfriend. You say you don't want to offload on her, but she knows the whole picture. If she gets all annoyed with you talking about some quite frankly important problems, then you shouldn't be with her.
Sun 11/05/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Light of the world"
ok...u have a double from a worse area my friend :)
Sat 10/05/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> chris u aint from essex r you??

Who Me? No, I'm from Dundee
Sat 10/05/03 at 11:00
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Manda†are, completely see where your coming from.

My mum has become an alcholic insomniac depressant

My dad had become a passive aggressive (when he's around...not often)

And to prove the paranoia is true, my dad doesnt like me, he took my brother to Spain for a week, and not only did he not take me (not too bothered about really) but he didnt even ask if i'd lke to go (quite bothered about!)
Sat 10/05/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Light of the world"
chris u aint from essex r you??
Sat 10/05/03 at 00:05
Regular
"Chris Morris"
I really dont know what to say exept what you dont want to hear "I'm sure it'll turn out ok".

Sorry!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.