GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone still fresh in the memory of FF7?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/05 at 11:36
Regular
I dug myself an old Playstation recently.
I'd been playing Goldeneye and Zelda back in the day so I only got onto it recently. Pretty surprising what such an ancient game can do for you...

Anysway, I've more or less finished it - not found every secret and every item, but I think I've been to all places and worked my through all the plot/sub-plots, beaten Sephiroph a couple of times.
So I go to the SR page to do a review and see the screen shots.

I don't remember ANY of those sequences - Cid staring at the rocket while sitting on Bronco's wing, Yuffi with a bow and arrow on Dachao statue, Aeris standing near an Airship (is there an airship for her to be hanging around before she dies? :-S).

Anysway, if anyone's found absolutely everything in that game, perhaps they could tell me if they were genuine screenshots that I've forgotten/not found, just fan artwork or maybe extra's on the PC version?

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-Vii-Pl_7546_r.html[/URL]
Sat 23/07/05 at 02:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, and I don't remember seeing Vincent on a cliff like that.
Thu 21/07/05 at 08:14
Regular
"..."
The ones with Yuffie and cloud couldn't have been taken from the scenes of the game itself. It is impossible, and it couldn't have ever happened because Final Fantasy characters never appear with their weapons in the cut scenes. So they're probably the pictures that appear during changing the discs.
Tue 19/07/05 at 21:23
Regular
"youngest regular"
i know!
i havent checked,but if u had a save game in disc 2,and u put in disc 1/3
the picture with yuffie wud come up so maybe those are the other ones (except 1 of the pictures maybe)
Tue 19/07/05 at 04:08
Regular
Hmmm...

I found the Aeris shot on the "please change to disk one" screen.
Is that what you meant? :-P
Fri 15/07/05 at 10:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There are sequences like them. The Aeris one, for example, and the Cloud one. I'm just not sure whether they're actually taken from the game or just made up to represent those scenes. Some of them I'm sure don't actually happen in the game exactly as they do in the picture, which would lead me to believe they're all mock-ups.
Thu 14/07/05 at 20:22
Regular
That's what I first thought but people keep saying they've seen the sequences... unless they're very confused about something...
Thu 14/07/05 at 20:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh yeah, the Cloud one might be, but I think the others are just representations of scenes in-game.
Thu 14/07/05 at 20:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It is artwork, but not fan artwork. Official artwork. Not screenshots.
Thu 14/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
I think it can be done using a cheat cartrige.
There were some rumours that there were ways to resurrect her that were left out to get the game released on time, but the devellopers denied it saying that nothing like that was ever planned.

Ribster, how did you get the Cloud/Midgar one?

Edit: At www.gamefaqs.com a guy said he'd come across all the "pictures" in the manual except for that Aeris one, so I guess all the footage is somewhere. I kind find how you come across them though.

Oi Ribby! More information! How did you find the ones you did?
Wed 13/07/05 at 22:37
Regular
"Monochromatic"
On the back of the guidebook i believe it has a picture of the final battle with Aeris in the line up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.