GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DJs gods or gimps?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 11:54
Regular
DJs gods or gimps?
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
but maybe it should've gone in 'music'. Trouble is this forums begins with 'Life and Everything' suggesting pretty much anything can be posted?
oh well it was a better post than the billy piper one.......
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:05
Regular
"8==="
yup. I just phrased it that way to get a discussion going, i recon its very varied myself, but i'm interested in the point of view. I think discussion about music and competency of music creation fits into 'intelligent discussion'.
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Twisted Ninja"
1st thing, djs gods or gimps is a rather stupid question.. as they could be somewhere in between... ie been djaying for three years and producing as well, and i dont necessarily think that all DJ's are gods! i mean some are actually true Gimps: for an example look at DJ sammy, who obviously has the coolest haircut in the world... maybe not. then look at DJ's who practically invented new genres... Goldie: Jungle, Dr.Dre: the new sound of hip hop, west coast. then youve got people who promote music who have set usical trends throughout the ages
My belief is tht it is very varied.
by the way, one last thing, are you sure this is a good post for intelligent discussion???
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Definately not gods, but it would be a bit unfair to call them gimps.

The way I see it is music should be all about creation; about producing something that really means something; about capturing emotion, whether anger, sadness, joy, madness, whatever.

Now DJs can convey these things in what they skillfully put together, but do they create from scratch? Not really, they do it all off someone else's back and then bask in the glory as if they are gods.

So in the end I'd say that DJs are like second-hand musicians. Some are good at what they do, but anyone could do it if they had the necessary dedication, whereas to write a classic song which captures truth - this is real talent.
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:49
"slightlyshortertagl"
Watch some DMC vids.

Gods.
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:09
Regular
Dj'ing is an art form. some are very good at this art form. others just stif**k camp looking clothes and glasses on, use words like booyakasha and safe as f*f**k, and have as much talent as a saf**k of doorknobs.

I too would become a DJ if I had about a grand for some basic equipment, a further 500 quid for a basic record collection, more spare time, and could be arsed.

to be honest though I plan to buy some equipment for my humble PC, some overpriced mixing software and make my own tunes. Once I finish my god damn uni course.
Wed 07/05/03 at 11:54
Regular
"8==="
DJs gods or gimps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.