GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how can i build a site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/02/09 at 01:48
Regular
how can i get a site
Thu 05/02/09 at 02:13
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya 00,
so your a secret agent with no gadgets to build a website!?

Im new to this myself, but heres the basics of getting a website online.

1. You need a domain name, ie www.yourdomain.co.uk
You can buy a domain from Getdotted which is part of Freeola or as a Freeola member you can get a Freeola 500 address for free.
To buy a domain from as little as £2.99 click HERE
To get a freeola500 domain for free click HERE

2 Once you have a domain (web address) you will need to get it hosted.
Goto your My Freeola control panel, on the left hand side select My Web Sites from the Web Site & Hosting Menu.
Here you will see the domain you chose, select SETUP HOSTING.
From the 3 options that appear select I want to make a new site: and then follow any other instruction (if there is any)

Thats it, your domain name is now hosted and ready for you to upload your website to.

3. To build your website you need one of the following
A text editor ie. note pad (advanced users).
Software such as Dreamweaver, Frontpage to name a few.
Freeola's own Instant Pro Web site Builder.

To code your website in NOTE PAD you need to know HTML lanugage to build basic pages.
Software such as Dreamweaver are very good, you can lay out your pages as they will display on the net, if you can use MS Word you can build basic pages with Dreamweaver or build dymatic pages that are as complex as you like. Such software can be expensive though.
When using one of the 2 options above your homepage (1st page to display) should be saved as index.html. if not it will not be displayed when you visit www.yourdomain.co.uk.

Instant Pro Website which is FREE if you have a Freeola broadband internet connection, this is a feature offered by Freeola, i have not used it myself but guess its a great place to get your website up and running. Even tho i have not use it myself i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this option. click HERE to read more...

4.To upload your website
File/pages created with text editors (ie notepad) can be upload via FTP, availble in your My Freeola Control Panel.
Software such as Dreamweaver, Frontpage will upload the pages for you, you need to add details that freeola supply when you first run the software.
I guess Freeola's INSTANT PRO WEBSITE does it all for you without you even knowing.

CONCLUSION:
If you have no knowledge of coding webpages use FREEOLA's INSTANT PRO WEBSITE OPTION

and all you need to remember is
FOR ALL THINGS WEB YOU WONT FIND ANOTHER SERVICE THAT BEATS FREEOLA's SERVICE

hope the above sends you in the right direction, if you get lost and miss moneypenny cant help just return here and post your question/problem, theres always someone here that will help.

Good luck with your website and surf safe m8.

Tappet.
Tue 03/02/09 at 01:48
Regular
how can i get a site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.