GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XP taskbar troubles"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/05/03 at 18:12
Regular
Damn XP...so many options and settings...

Seems I somehow managed to group all the currently-running programs in one scrollable list on the taskbar (oh, what tech-speak!), and I can't for the life of me work out how to change it back!

Here's a pic of what I mean:

http://www.geocities.com/kingklik/taskbar.JPG

If I change it to the XP theme, it all goes back to normal (but naturally, I can't stand the Fisher Price-style), but it always reverts to this crappy list when I change it to the classic Windows theme.

Help me! Please!
Sun 04/05/03 at 18:12
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Damn XP...so many options and settings...

Seems I somehow managed to group all the currently-running programs in one scrollable list on the taskbar (oh, what tech-speak!), and I can't for the life of me work out how to change it back!

Here's a pic of what I mean:

http://www.geocities.com/kingklik/taskbar.JPG

If I change it to the XP theme, it all goes back to normal (but naturally, I can't stand the Fisher Price-style), but it always reverts to this crappy list when I change it to the classic Windows theme.

Help me! Please!
Sun 04/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
I assume you've used tweakui at some point, so I could get the effect and change it back by changing the taskbar grouping settings in tweakui.

So that means type tweakui in the run command, and then change the settings
Sun 04/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Right-click on the taskbar and select "Lock the Taskbar" (should have a little tick next to it). This will unlock your taskbar, which will allow you to play around with its layout.

A vertical bar should appear directly to the left of your tiny little taskbar button thing you have. If you click on this and drag it all the way to the left right up against your AOL icon, you should find this helps. Once you're happy, right-click on the taskbar and select "Lock the taskbar" again, to inhibit your ability to drag it back :O)
Sun 04/05/03 at 19:30
Regular
"bing bang bong"
btw, that's quite impressive being able to take a screenshot and upload it to some webspace while not knowing how to fix the problem, heh.
Sun 04/05/03 at 19:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ah, so very simple when you know how.

Thanks very much you two, problem solved. :)
Sun 04/05/03 at 23:41
Regular
"How Handy."
AAARRRGGGGGHHHH

dude, change the car, evo's after v.6 are pants tbh..
Mon 05/05/03 at 08:13
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Whooo! wrote:
> AAARRRGGGGGHHHH
>
> dude, change the car, evo's after v.6 are pants tbh..

Well, I hope you've seen a 7 and 8 in the flesh, otherwise you don't really have the right to comment. Believe me...they look SO much better in the flesh. 6 is a legend naturally, although it is just starting to look a tad dated now.

That's why we're swopping ours for an 8! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.