GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear 2 not heading to Xbox - Confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/01/01 at 17:44
Regular
Taken from Computer & Video Games website;

Metal Gear 2 not heading to Xbox

Konami legend Hideo Kojima has issued a couple of startling statements in Japan regarding the state of the Metal Gear series: is this the end for Snake?

Finally, word has come from the horse's mouth that Metal Gear Solid X, the recently announced Xbox version of the traditionally PlayStation shooter, will not be a port of Metal Gear Solid 2. Speaking at a press conference in Japan, creator of the series Hideo Kojima confirmed that the Microsoft version will in fact be a mix of the original PlayStation game and the stunning sequel. The only way you'll get to play Metal Gear Solid 2 in its entirety will be with a PlayStation 2.
In addition, Kojima told journalists that Metal Gear Solid 2 will be the last in the series, a fact likely to shock the entire gaming community. Kojima is probably the most talented developer working in videogaming today, something you'll find it very difficult to deny after getting your hands on the MGS2 demo in late March, and Metal Gear is his baby.

Konami have yet to confirm what lies next for Kojima, and is still working hard to push MGS2, one of the only true killer apps currently in production, for its launch before March 2002.

Thoughts?

-- Steve --
Sun 01/02/09 at 13:10
Regular
hi im just wondering if anyone has an old imco mast they would be willing to sell and how much for thanks :)
Wed 31/01/01 at 11:51
PC, XBox, what's the diff?

Kidd(ing)
Wed 31/01/01 at 11:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Isnt this already possible on PC MGS1?
Wed 31/01/01 at 11:37
"High polygon count"
MGS-X is apparently a mix of MGS1 and 2. Maybe it'll be something like MGS1 with a first-person viewpoint?
Wed 31/01/01 at 00:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
However the X-Box is getting Meteal Gear Solid X .... So weather that MGS3? or an X-ox version of the origininal? whos to know? ... Excpet possibly the clowns... and I dont know about you, but I'm FAR too scred to ask them...
Tue 30/01/01 at 19:50
Regular
I'm glad they are making different games, perhaps clones of Metal Gear.
Tue 30/01/01 at 19:19
Regular
That's a good thing mind.

Imagine how you would feel if it got to Metal Gear Solid 12, and it seemed to be exactly the same as 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2?

Best to end on a high than a low.
Tue 30/01/01 at 19:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, I'm glad MGS2 is not coming to X-Box, but I hate the fact that it's the last in the series!! NOOOOOOO!!!

*Ant walks off in tears*
Tue 30/01/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Taken from Computer & Video Games website;

Metal Gear 2 not heading to Xbox

Konami legend Hideo Kojima has issued a couple of startling statements in Japan regarding the state of the Metal Gear series: is this the end for Snake?

Finally, word has come from the horse's mouth that Metal Gear Solid X, the recently announced Xbox version of the traditionally PlayStation shooter, will not be a port of Metal Gear Solid 2. Speaking at a press conference in Japan, creator of the series Hideo Kojima confirmed that the Microsoft version will in fact be a mix of the original PlayStation game and the stunning sequel. The only way you'll get to play Metal Gear Solid 2 in its entirety will be with a PlayStation 2.
In addition, Kojima told journalists that Metal Gear Solid 2 will be the last in the series, a fact likely to shock the entire gaming community. Kojima is probably the most talented developer working in videogaming today, something you'll find it very difficult to deny after getting your hands on the MGS2 demo in late March, and Metal Gear is his baby.

Konami have yet to confirm what lies next for Kojima, and is still working hard to push MGS2, one of the only true killer apps currently in production, for its launch before March 2002.

Thoughts?

-- Steve --

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.