GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Mental-Case Gave Me a Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/05/03 at 00:46
Regular
Alright, you know that your parents have freinds, right? And they are all perfectly sane. And I thought that John was Sane until a while ago.
I found out that he has tried to commit suicide too many times. He's tried taking pills, crashing his car, and even jumping off the Tay Road Bridge. Everyone jokes about jumping off that but this guy actuallt did it!
Anyway. My computer had a virus, it's gone now. But Our computer engineer found out that that Virus was a worm-cluster that had to be entered into the Bio-System. Now, to get on to the Bio-System, you need a password. And only one person knew that password - The engineer.
So how did it get there? It wasn't the engineer. You've got it; John.
John actually WROTE a virus himself. He inserted a CD into my computer which had the worm cluster in it. He programed it to get into the BIOS without the need of a password. So what happened?
Well, a worm cluster is a virus that breaks you're computer down bit by bit at set dates.. For example, on the 25th of March the program might make the CD Re-Witer stop working. On the 5th of Apirl, the mouse wont work properly. On the 10th April, the Keyboard will lose some buttons. It braks down bit by bit until the computer is utterly useless.
So, why did he put it there? I'm no Phycologist, but here's what I think:
John prides himself in one thing - Computing. Thats the one thing he's good at. So, our computer engineer (Bruce is his name) comes along to sort our computer all the time.
John knows that everyone THINKS Bruce is better than him (Which he is). So John gets jealous. So, he gives Bruce a little test - The Worm Cluster.
Now think about it; here's a virus that tricks the BIOS into letting it in and can toatally shut your PC down when it "Wants". AND - it's hidden.
You can only access the Virus (and hence, delete it) if you know it's name.
But Bruce didn't need the name. He found it, and got rid of it. So we payed Bruce (He even bought us some Floppy Discs!).
So, do you know anyone like John?
Sun 04/05/03 at 13:22
Regular
"She's a dog!"
You have friends like this, I hope you will never see him again.
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Yes, it is true. But we only let him near our PC because we thought that he had calmed down a bit. And I didn't even know about him till a few weeks ago. He always seemed like a perfectley sane, good man.
Sun 04/05/03 at 09:34
Regular
"oaps.org"
and you let this john near your pc?
and you haven't broken his fingers?
Sun 04/05/03 at 00:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Poor John, what a sad twit - being jealous of a computer engineer. Maybe you should drive him to a bridge and start talking about the meaninglessness of life....
Sun 04/05/03 at 00:48
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Is this true?
Sun 04/05/03 at 00:46
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Alright, you know that your parents have freinds, right? And they are all perfectly sane. And I thought that John was Sane until a while ago.
I found out that he has tried to commit suicide too many times. He's tried taking pills, crashing his car, and even jumping off the Tay Road Bridge. Everyone jokes about jumping off that but this guy actuallt did it!
Anyway. My computer had a virus, it's gone now. But Our computer engineer found out that that Virus was a worm-cluster that had to be entered into the Bio-System. Now, to get on to the Bio-System, you need a password. And only one person knew that password - The engineer.
So how did it get there? It wasn't the engineer. You've got it; John.
John actually WROTE a virus himself. He inserted a CD into my computer which had the worm cluster in it. He programed it to get into the BIOS without the need of a password. So what happened?
Well, a worm cluster is a virus that breaks you're computer down bit by bit at set dates.. For example, on the 25th of March the program might make the CD Re-Witer stop working. On the 5th of Apirl, the mouse wont work properly. On the 10th April, the Keyboard will lose some buttons. It braks down bit by bit until the computer is utterly useless.
So, why did he put it there? I'm no Phycologist, but here's what I think:
John prides himself in one thing - Computing. Thats the one thing he's good at. So, our computer engineer (Bruce is his name) comes along to sort our computer all the time.
John knows that everyone THINKS Bruce is better than him (Which he is). So John gets jealous. So, he gives Bruce a little test - The Worm Cluster.
Now think about it; here's a virus that tricks the BIOS into letting it in and can toatally shut your PC down when it "Wants". AND - it's hidden.
You can only access the Virus (and hence, delete it) if you know it's name.
But Bruce didn't need the name. He found it, and got rid of it. So we payed Bruce (He even bought us some Floppy Discs!).
So, do you know anyone like John?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.