GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At the end of the corridor, the closed door..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 22:52
Regular
My first proper piece of creative writing I've posted here. Ever.

Hope you like it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Door

At the end of the corridor, the closed door was waiting for him. He approached, apprehensive at first. He just knew what was behind that door. He refused to let himself believe that. Another step. More apprehension.
Steve could see the door, a long way away, but he carried on walking briskly. He was blissfully oblivious to what was going on around him. He'd just come back from the local pub, slightly drunk, where he had just spent his evening watching the football with some friends.
For a split-second he had pictured a light coming from behind the door. It scared him. He was only a mere five meters from the door but that didn't stop him turning around. The idea swam around in his head. Yes? No?
Steve was fine, he carried on ignoreing everything around him. He was happy, his team had just won the UEFA cup, he was minimally drunk, and Karyn was in his flat waiting for him. What else did he want?
One more step, one more boost of lowliness. He felt pathetic in front of the door, it was almost over-powering in the way it scared him. He was about to step away, but his leg resited and took another step forward. 3 Metres.
Steve carried on, thinking. Not even he knew what he was thinking about, but he knew he was contemplating... Was it taking over the world? Was he mentally preparing his hangover concoction for tommorow? Probably not. But he was thinking...
2 meters. He could have swron the door was shaking now, almost pulling him towards it. His mind blanked. He felt empty... Except for a lingering voice inside his head whispering solemnly 'Turn around, run. Now.'
'Banana, orange juice, honey, milk... mmmmmm milk' Steve was already planning his hangover cure for tommorow, but he felt something was bugging him. He thought harder.
The door-knob had obviously been polished only very recently, it reflected the his frightened face on it. His outstreched palm was obviously wet, and he couldnt hide that from himself.
Steve reached for the handle of the same door, he felt some resistance, but in his state he thought it was just himself.
He saw the door-knob slipping through his wet palm. 'That's it' he whispered under his breath...
Steve pushed the door open, he was startled by the sight of the pale, shaking man on the other side.
'Excuse me'

Nidal
Mon 05/05/03 at 01:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
18/20

hurray
Fri 02/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Twisted Ninja"
once again the diversity of Hello's creative and analytical mind astounds me... i never knew he had a twisted side before
Fri 02/05/03 at 17:24
"slightlyshortertagl"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> However, the ending did leave me a little confused. Was that
> intentional?

Yup, I kinda left it to the reader to decide on who was who and who said what at the end.
Fri 02/05/03 at 11:54
Regular
"not dead"
That's pretty good.

The pace of it is kept swift with the initial short sentences.

There was plenty of show and not too much tell too, which is always good.

However, the ending did leave me a little confused. Was that intentional?

Anyway, it shows potential.
Fri 02/05/03 at 07:21
"slightlyshortertagl"
Thanks a lot to everyone there :0) Appreciated

Black Glove wrote:
> Is that just the start or is it the end?

It's neither. It's whole

> Who's the shaking man?
'He'
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:29
Regular
Swron :D

Sounds like an American freshwater bird :D

Nice piece of writing though :D
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:28
Regular
"Pestilential"
I gathered it was him, but I am still uncertain...
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Makes me want to know more. Is that just the start or is it the end? And if it's the end, who's the shaking man?
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
T'was very good as a first, HHAT!

Keep on at it!
Thu 01/05/03 at 22:52
"slightlyshortertagl"
My first proper piece of creative writing I've posted here. Ever.

Hope you like it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Door

At the end of the corridor, the closed door was waiting for him. He approached, apprehensive at first. He just knew what was behind that door. He refused to let himself believe that. Another step. More apprehension.
Steve could see the door, a long way away, but he carried on walking briskly. He was blissfully oblivious to what was going on around him. He'd just come back from the local pub, slightly drunk, where he had just spent his evening watching the football with some friends.
For a split-second he had pictured a light coming from behind the door. It scared him. He was only a mere five meters from the door but that didn't stop him turning around. The idea swam around in his head. Yes? No?
Steve was fine, he carried on ignoreing everything around him. He was happy, his team had just won the UEFA cup, he was minimally drunk, and Karyn was in his flat waiting for him. What else did he want?
One more step, one more boost of lowliness. He felt pathetic in front of the door, it was almost over-powering in the way it scared him. He was about to step away, but his leg resited and took another step forward. 3 Metres.
Steve carried on, thinking. Not even he knew what he was thinking about, but he knew he was contemplating... Was it taking over the world? Was he mentally preparing his hangover concoction for tommorow? Probably not. But he was thinking...
2 meters. He could have swron the door was shaking now, almost pulling him towards it. His mind blanked. He felt empty... Except for a lingering voice inside his head whispering solemnly 'Turn around, run. Now.'
'Banana, orange juice, honey, milk... mmmmmm milk' Steve was already planning his hangover cure for tommorow, but he felt something was bugging him. He thought harder.
The door-knob had obviously been polished only very recently, it reflected the his frightened face on it. His outstreched palm was obviously wet, and he couldnt hide that from himself.
Steve reached for the handle of the same door, he felt some resistance, but in his state he thought it was just himself.
He saw the door-knob slipping through his wet palm. 'That's it' he whispered under his breath...
Steve pushed the door open, he was startled by the sight of the pale, shaking man on the other side.
'Excuse me'

Nidal

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.