GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Plays Dreamcast Games, Yippieeeeeeeeeeeee!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 20:42
Regular
If the rumours are true I carn't wait. (The Rumour is that Xbox will feature Dreamcast chipset allowing it to play dreamcast games.) Just imagine you have the New must have console of the and hopefully lots of great games but if however its like the PS2 and ships with Naff or Overexpensive games, Hey Presto you have Hundreds of Great Great games including the Infoumous purple Hedgog And unlike the PS2's ability To play PSone games in a yars time Dreamcast games will look as outdated as does the PSone games at the moment, even with the minor imrovements of playing them on a PS2.
Lets Face The Facts
1.Microsoft Desgined The Software For Dreamcast.
2.There Is No Real Rivelry Between Microsoft And Sega
3.By The Time Xbox is Released The Dreamcast Will Be "Offialy Dead" (Robbie Whiliams Song)
4.Sega Has Admitted To Finishing Production Of Dreamcast "Consoles"
5.Sega Is Rumoured To Be Incorparating It's Dreamcast In Set Top Boxs, So Why Not An Xbox
6.Sega Would Profit From Continued Dreamcast Royalites From Its Games And Technolgy In The Xbox
7.Microsoft Would Benifit From An Extreamly Large Back Catoloug Of Games Including Many Sega Excluives and Arcade Classics.
8.Microsft Would Probably Gain A Lot Of Loyal Sega Customers.
9.Everybody Gains, Microsoft, Sega, And The Consumer.
10.Why Not?
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:42
If the rumours are true I carn't wait. (The Rumour is that Xbox will feature Dreamcast chipset allowing it to play dreamcast games.) Just imagine you have the New must have console of the and hopefully lots of great games but if however its like the PS2 and ships with Naff or Overexpensive games, Hey Presto you have Hundreds of Great Great games including the Infoumous purple Hedgog And unlike the PS2's ability To play PSone games in a yars time Dreamcast games will look as outdated as does the PSone games at the moment, even with the minor imrovements of playing them on a PS2.
Lets Face The Facts
1.Microsoft Desgined The Software For Dreamcast.
2.There Is No Real Rivelry Between Microsoft And Sega
3.By The Time Xbox is Released The Dreamcast Will Be "Offialy Dead" (Robbie Whiliams Song)
4.Sega Has Admitted To Finishing Production Of Dreamcast "Consoles"
5.Sega Is Rumoured To Be Incorparating It's Dreamcast In Set Top Boxs, So Why Not An Xbox
6.Sega Would Profit From Continued Dreamcast Royalites From Its Games And Technolgy In The Xbox
7.Microsoft Would Benifit From An Extreamly Large Back Catoloug Of Games Including Many Sega Excluives and Arcade Classics.
8.Microsft Would Probably Gain A Lot Of Loyal Sega Customers.
9.Everybody Gains, Microsoft, Sega, And The Consumer.
10.Why Not?
Mon 29/01/01 at 23:42
It certainly would be great if the xbox is produced with a dreamcast chip allready installed, but at this point i think its more specualtion than anything.

Personally iam really worried about the future of the games industry, on the one hand we have Sega, producer of some of the best games ever, the original grand daddy as it were of games.

On the over side we have the new baby on the block Microsoft, with oodles of money to burn and an aparent agressive marketing strategy in the pipeline.

However i have to wonder - will the word "Microsoft" and its enivatible link with Bill Gates (one of the most hated men o fthe internet)and the fact that the Eastern gamers seem to already hate the thing before weve had a chance to see what it can do.

This worries me because id the best developers such as square and konami aren't excited i wonder if there's something we don't know.

Nintendo are about to do their usual by the look of it and follow the n64 formulae, and release a games console far too late and majorly overpriced. (so here come the pokenmon once again)

So were left with the ps2, what a dissapointment.

Also were are the development kits??? Were we not promised that the real third generation consoles would be great for the home programmer?

Plus when a Large company like Sony having just released a new console is already talking about playstation 3 (having already got a working console that's 12 ps2's in one box)iam decidly worried.

If this is the future, then iam staying with my ORIGINAL Playstation!

Tue 30/01/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The X-Box won't have the DC chip in it and won't be able to play DC games. This'd create too many problems and the X-Box spec is pretty much finalised an d would push back the console even further.
DC chips will be put into digital set top boxes (Sky) to enable people to play DC compatable games. However these must be sent over a broadband network and saved on a hard drive. These set top boxes will not have a GD-Rom Drive.
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:50
How do you know that the X-Box doesnt have a dreamcast chip in it? It makes sense, even if the decision was made before Sega decided to stop making Dreamcasts.

The reason I think it makes sense is because the X-Box and Dreamcast are aimed at different markets.

Dreamcast is made and aimed at people who mainly like the Sega arcade games.

X-Box is for people who want to play PC games but cant afford to keep upgrading and buying the extras that PC's need.

Ingsy
Fri 08/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
Don't be so stupid... the X-BOX won't play DC games because, well, it won't!

Come on, do you serious think this is going to happen? People said the same thing about the PS, PS2, and now the X-Box. Microsoft would have said something ages ago if this was true!
Fri 08/06/01 at 20:23
Regular
"Back For Good"
haha,yeah right.Do me a favor watch Cybernet this weekend on ITV late night and have a look at the "must have console"

It's not very good oops jerky abit there sorry hint hint.
Wed 13/06/01 at 14:07
wow! yes! i can't wait for the x-boxif this is true. i love dreamcast games anyway and if the x-box has great games as well
Wed 13/06/01 at 14:08
Regular
Eh, no it isnt!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 14:26
The X-Box will not run Dreamcast games. Topics like these occur through ignorance.

The X-Box will have it's own versions of some Sega games, Crazy Taxi etc.

Sega is to develope games for all popular consoles, including the X-Box.
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:58
I`d just like to make a statement:THE XBOX NEVER DID , DOESN`T , AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL PLAY DC GAMES . Thankyou.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.