GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Plays Dreamcast Games, Yippieeeeeeeeeeeee!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 20:42
Regular
If the rumours are true I carn't wait. (The Rumour is that Xbox will feature Dreamcast chipset allowing it to play dreamcast games.) Just imagine you have the New must have console of the and hopefully lots of great games but if however its like the PS2 and ships with Naff or Overexpensive games, Hey Presto you have Hundreds of Great Great games including the Infoumous purple Hedgog And unlike the PS2's ability To play PSone games in a yars time Dreamcast games will look as outdated as does the PSone games at the moment, even with the minor imrovements of playing them on a PS2.
Lets Face The Facts
1.Microsoft Desgined The Software For Dreamcast.
2.There Is No Real Rivelry Between Microsoft And Sega
3.By The Time Xbox is Released The Dreamcast Will Be "Offialy Dead" (Robbie Whiliams Song)
4.Sega Has Admitted To Finishing Production Of Dreamcast "Consoles"
5.Sega Is Rumoured To Be Incorparating It's Dreamcast In Set Top Boxs, So Why Not An Xbox
6.Sega Would Profit From Continued Dreamcast Royalites From Its Games And Technolgy In The Xbox
7.Microsoft Would Benifit From An Extreamly Large Back Catoloug Of Games Including Many Sega Excluives and Arcade Classics.
8.Microsft Would Probably Gain A Lot Of Loyal Sega Customers.
9.Everybody Gains, Microsoft, Sega, And The Consumer.
10.Why Not?
Fri 23/11/01 at 01:43
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
XBOX plays dreamcast games huh? not bad - in fact, very good

but let's see if it really wokrd

if it does - you know i'm gonna have a whole blockbuster in my bedroom now, don'tyou?
Fri 23/11/01 at 01:43
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
XBOX plays dreamcast games huh? not bad - in fact, very good

but let's see if it really wokrd

if it does - you know i'm gonna have a whole blockbuster in my bedroom now, son'tyou?
Wed 29/08/01 at 23:01
lalalalaa
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:48
"I love yo... lamp."
It would be great though if it did happen. Shame.
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:22
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
FACT: Xbox does not and will not play DC games. This was rumoured months ago, but has been falsified by sega and ms. REad my post below for reasons that it doesn't

Sonic
Wed 18/07/01 at 17:20
Xbox may play Dreamcast games if someone (third party or Sega) releases a software emulator for the Xbox. However I doubt the Xbox will contain the Dreamcast chip set.

..besides Sega would probably make more money on the Xbox by converting the games and selling them to Xbox owners at a high price.
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
GREAT TOPIC... BUT old news... this was rumoured for the EXCACT points that you have said months ago!

It is now apparant that the xbox won't play DC games. Reasons:

1) MS say so
2) Sega say so
3) Adds to cost of console
4) Why let a new console play games designed for a far less powerful console that didn't sell very well

Sonic
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thank God- Nintendo might of had to bring out another killer game to beat the X-Box - Hang on - Damn it!
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:58
I`d just like to make a statement:THE XBOX NEVER DID , DOESN`T , AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL PLAY DC GAMES . Thankyou.
Wed 13/06/01 at 14:26
The X-Box will not run Dreamcast games. Topics like these occur through ignorance.

The X-Box will have it's own versions of some Sega games, Crazy Taxi etc.

Sega is to develope games for all popular consoles, including the X-Box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.