GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""We're not racist, we're pro-British""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/04/03 at 11:06
Regular
It's a quote from the British National Party.

But forgive me for thinking that "pro-British" means they support British people rather than non-British people, which in turn means being biased in favour of the British, which is discrimination, which is racism.
Thu 01/05/03 at 11:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm not suggesting that we place any ban on them, I just think they're pathetic.
Thu 01/05/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
You have a point there, the BNP is only gaining support because on a number of issues the rest of the parties are ineffective or not providing visible results to most of us.

Take the local elections today. I can't tell you anyone whose up for election in my area, I can't tell you any of the reasons why aforementioned un-named people are tryin to get elected, and so on.

The only thing I have heard about is the Conservative guy opposes this planned development by the American Adventure Theme Park. Anyone with half a brain would realise that said development is doomed as it's a caravan park.

Hands up who wants a holiday in a declining town with a third rate Theme Park ? Exactly....

The only problem with the BNP is that, if in some alternative world they ever did hold real power, taking that power from them democratically would be almost impossible as they would destroy the same freedoms which allowed them to gain power once they have power. We wouldn't quite end up like Pre War Germany but you never know.
Thu 01/05/03 at 08:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm not disputing that their beliefs and methods, indeed their whole ideaology, sucks big dogs carrot-shaped members. However, if you ban them then they you are basically saying that you believe in democracy and freedom of speech as long as you don't use that freedom of speech to say anything we don't like. In a working democracy, it should be evident that the likes of the BNP have no place in society. However, the rest of the political parties are not doing their job properly (ie. appealing to as wide a spectrum as possible and preventing extremism gaining in popularity). Banning any political party is just a lazy way of attempting to address a problem. As if they'll simply disappear when banned? Of course they won't; they'll be driven underground, making it harder to keep an eye on them.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
By definition "we" cannot be alone.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:26
"period drama"
What is sight?
How can you judge what you see as there or not?
Maybe nothing's there.
Maybe we're all alone in our imaginary world.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ah, but there is. I can see it.

Anyway, I've just read the whole of what Snuggly quoted from their site. Sickening. John Barnes criticises them, so they retaliate by saying "Frequently booed former footballer"? It's laughable. Also this bit was a bit disturbing:

"We are their living blood line and this remains our only home. We can defend it or just hand it over to those that would be happy to enslave and exploit us!"

I hardly think it's THAT bad just yet.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:18
"period drama"
Blank wrote:
> "I'm not sitting on the fence."

There is no fence.
Whoooo
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
VenomByte wrote:
> Is that any better than the british seemingly being discriminated
> against because they aren't a minority, all in the name of political
> correctness?

I'm not saying that the British should be discriminated against, just that others shouldn't be discrimated against. This is a party that blames everything from rising crime rates to terrorism, through lack of housing many other couldn't-possibly-be issues on asylum seekers.

Black Glove (I think it was you anyway), you're right discrimination is not always racism, but in this case they are discriminating due to race. That IS racism, which they claim they're not. "We're not racist, we're pro-British" is about as good a comment as "I'm not inside, I'm just the opposite of outside", or "I'm not sitting on the fence, I'm just on neither side of it". It's the same thing.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:14
"period drama"
To quote that bloke on Vice City:

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally"

Something like that.
Should be their slogan.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dr Duck wrote:
> How on earth are people stupid enough to buy into that tripe?
>
> I swear, if the British electorate ever shows itself to be stupid
> enough to give those half-wits any substantial power, I'm heading into
> the continent.

Just about to say the same thing - if they get into power I'm leaving the country.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.