GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"25th Hour"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 10:42
Regular
Saw this on Saturday night, and enjoyed it. I think.

It's about a bloke who gets caught in with loads of drugs, and is sent to prison for 7 years. The main bulk of the film follows him through his last day and night of freedom.

The film explores the changing relationships with his friends, girlfriend, and father.

It's set just after the events of 9/11, and has a part where Ed Norton goes off on one, which was quite shocking, but adds to the whole film.

The ending is slightly strange, I'm not sure exactly what happens.

I enjoyed it, but could do with watching it again.
Mon 05/05/03 at 10:22
Regular
It's based on a book which was written before Sept 11, but the film is set just after.

I didn't even realise it was 'til we left the cinema and one of my mates told me. It's not that obvious at all, just a couple of things in the back ground of the odd scene.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:39
Regular
"I see you"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I thought it was made pre- Sept 11, but because of the anti-New
> York-ness of it, it was held back til now.
>
> Or am I thinking of something else?

That was Spider-Man your thinking off, i think. They had a bit where he caught a helicopter in a big web between the twin towers but they had to cut it because of september 11th. It was a shame really cos it was quite good.
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:10
Regular
"not dead"
I thought it was made pre- Sept 11, but because of the anti-New York-ness of it, it was held back til now.

Or am I thinking of something else?
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Maybe he's realised nobody likes his movies?

This is the one that has Sept 11th as a backdrop right? Not sure that taste goes well with me.
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
Ah, ok then.

I haven't seen any of those other films. There is a monologue where Ed Norton goes off on one for a bit, but it seems to be against everyone, rather then any specific race/religion/whatever.
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The director.

Also responsible for She's Gotta Have It (Jewish boss screams at him for being rubbish and black), Do The Right Thing (Police murder black youth, Jewish accountants scream and make jokes), Mo' Better Blues (Jewish club owners hate Denzel Washington and try to con him), School Daze, Jungle Fever, Clockers etc.

He basically makes films that shout "I am an angry black man", which is fine except he has little more than that. Goes for shock tactics with race-hate monologues in most of his stuff.
Gets angry when nobody watches his films and reckons he gets bad reviews "because I'm a strong black role model"

Samuel L Jackson says Lee gets bad reviews because "He's a 3rd rate director with one trick,and does more to reinforce the angry young black stereotype than any white man alive"
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:28
Regular
Who's he?
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> I can't stand Spike Lee.
> Short, angry little racist that gets away with stereotypes because
> he's black.

I think that’s the most accurate and succinct description of Spike Lee I’ve ever read.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I can't stand Spike Lee.
Short, angry little racist that gets away with stereotypes because he's black.

His depiction of Jews,especially, fills me with the urge to smack his chip-on-shoulder, reactionary midget face.
Fri 02/05/03 at 09:54
Regular
Has no one else seen this film!?

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Go watch it, will you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.