GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS3 Opinion, what's yours?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/09 at 09:31
Regular
"One man, no shoes.."
My Name's Mike, I own a PS3, a 360 and a Wii, I've been a fairly hardcore gamer for a long time.

In my opinion the 360 is the best console, because though technically it may be inferior to the PS3 there are far more better and unique games for the 360 than the PS3, such as Gears of War/2, Halo... etc etc. All the games that Sony Promised us are late or not here at all, when PS3 was being announced there was talk of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear (which is finally here) Killzone 2 and so on.

What do you think? I've stuck with my PS3 this long so I'm going to wait it out a bit more for some more games.
Wed 28/01/09 at 19:37
Regular
"Notable"
Home is terrible. Hopefully it gets better additions and features in the future.

In my opinion GTA4 and MGS4 were let downs. GTA caught me for a few weeks but I got tired of it. I know allot of you will probably like MGS4 because of the stupid, unbelievable storyline is made for geeks. MGS2's ending just ruined the series for me.

Killzone will rule though. It (according to IGN) has the best graphics on the system, of any genre. I simply cannot wait. I've been playing COD4 for a year now and still love it. However Killzone for the PS2 was such a joyful experience especially the multiplayer. I don't know if it will but, I hope, it's better than Halo and Gears and all that xbox jazz.

I've never owned a Xbox and I never will. I just don't care how good/cheap/more games there are on it. I hate the control pad, I always have. I tend to play a game for graphics, hence a HD tv with PS3 is heaven.

I had a Wii for a week before selling it. The games were timid.
Tue 27/01/09 at 13:17
"possibly impossible"
Again, I own all the current gen consoles.

The console I tend to use most at the moment is the PS3 because I find it easier to use and the games I want are on it. LBP, Motorstorm, Wipeout HD etc and then all the cross-platform games. The Wii and 360 are often left for the exclusives on each platform or, in the case of the 360, any games which I know lots of friends are playing online.

I'm enjoying Home with it's airracing, bowling etc and it's finally getting rid of the early trollers that infected the first weeks of release as well as being faster and more stable.

The Wii is used quite a bit for family gaming, especially by the kids. I love Rayman Rabbids 2 and want to get the TV Party one, Mario Kart, Samba De Amigo etc are great fun and we can all enjoy them together.

The 360 is up in the study and tends to be played later at night, but I haven't been on it for a while due to having too much to do in the evenings. I've got quite a good collection of HD DVDs as well and tend to use it to watch those when the misses is watching something like Eastenders downstairs.
Tue 27/01/09 at 09:43
Regular
"THFC"
I have owned a Ps3, a Wii and an Xbox.

The have always loved Sony and some of their games, the RPG's they used to have were amazing and such games as Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Resident Evil, MGS etc etc.

It was a great console and i enjoyed it, but then Microsfot began to pay out serious money to get their hands on the better games aswell, they were taking strong titles away from Sony and adding DLC to them, making it all look very nice. While the Ps3 is a fantatsic console, i began to use it less and less, while the Xbox got more and more use. My brother and I decided we did not use it enough and so the Playstation got sold, and just in time as i only lost about £40 on it!! Which was a result.

But the Xbox takes me back to the good old days on gaming when i was addicted to a certain game and could not wait to get home and play it. Really is a great console and my one of choice.

The Wii was the first of the next gen consoles i had and my gf and i invested in one early on, played a lot of games on it and had some god times with mates etc playing and drinking. I loved Mario, Mash Brothers, Wario Ware and a few others but it again, began to gather dust and i found myself just using the Xbox, play RPG's i had longed for, or on Xbox live against my friends. So it was just getting more and more use, the Wii got sold because of it not being used and my gf wanting the cash, so again, managed to sell it for like £50 less than i paid for it and i had more than £50 worth of play so i was happy to do so.

I was very late in the world of Xbox as i have always had every Sony and Nintendo console, never an Xbox. I was a bit of a sony fan in terms of games they relased. But i opened my eyes to microsoft and discovered what for me is the best value in money console wise and potentially the best console i have owned.

Every console has a place to play in peoples lives, be it the sociable wii, the technical media station of playstation, or the more dedicated gamer who enjoys playing online with Xbox.

These are just my opinions and i know not everyone shares them but for me the best console i could have is the Xbox and it gets used all the time!

*Sorry for the long post, you asked and i told lol (also this is the short version!)
Tue 27/01/09 at 09:31
Regular
"One man, no shoes.."
My Name's Mike, I own a PS3, a 360 and a Wii, I've been a fairly hardcore gamer for a long time.

In my opinion the 360 is the best console, because though technically it may be inferior to the PS3 there are far more better and unique games for the 360 than the PS3, such as Gears of War/2, Halo... etc etc. All the games that Sony Promised us are late or not here at all, when PS3 was being announced there was talk of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear (which is finally here) Killzone 2 and so on.

What do you think? I've stuck with my PS3 this long so I'm going to wait it out a bit more for some more games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.