GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Truce ? Goatboy + Light + Anyone Else Sick Of "I "as Wrong" topic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 18:54
Regular
Right, I should never have posted the "I Was - Wait For It - Wrong" Topic because it got radically out of hand and I'm pretty sure that all sides in it are boring the hell out of everyone else here.

I propose a truce, that we let the topic die and we start from scratch, from now, without all jumping on each other's topics like wolves to sheep.

I'll admit I need to post more info on where my facts come from, fair enough.

I'm not suggesting this because of anything other than this is one area where there has to be recognition that;

a) People aren't going to change their ideas instantly.
b) They're even less likely to when the topic ends up a slanging match.

So lets let it die, and get the Life Forum back to how it was.

Or we can let the topic above run for ages and all continue to waste time exchanging barrages of insults. Whatever anyone else thinks I reckon that in the eyes of most forum users all of us on both sides of the heated exchanges in that topic are loosing any kind of respect we had, and people's attentions.

What's it to be ?
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, I don't think so. Light said "You never replied to my comments in that thread", then opened the thread and said "I'd like a reply to what I said please".

All you did was "Since we're opening old threads".
Mon 07/07/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Oh yes, I'm pedantic but what about Light eh ? Doesn't that make you biased ?
Mon 07/07/03 at 18:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So many old topics it hurts.

Bit pedantic, don't you think?
Mon 07/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Because we're popping old threads.
Thu 01/05/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Star Fury wrote:
> Light, is it actually possible for you to respond without assuming
> your "I'm right and you are wrong" sneering e.t.c. ?
>
> So far the evidence suggests not, but we'll let that lie.

Hmm...yes, another clear example of;

> Point : (Any criticism of Bell)
>
> Bell's Counterpoint: You do the same thing.

Looks like I'd spoken too soon about you catching on. Never mind.
Thu 01/05/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Light, is it actually possible for you to respond without assuming your "I'm right and you are wrong" sneering e.t.c. ?

So far the evidence suggests not, but we'll let that lie.
Thu 01/05/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Finally, you've caught on! Okay, then this thread gets left alone.

After all, you display your utter intolerance of anyone who differs from you and your opinions in a myriad of other posts. It would indeed seem wasteful to simply get caught up in just one of the many issues that you've shown a lack of comprehension or appreciation of any other viewpoint.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well until you came along Light both this, and the other post, we're slipping away down the list, then along comes you and they're straight back.

The fact is I think we can both post in a thread without it turning into a slanging match, if we can leave both this and the other to just die and see that neither of us is likely to see the others viewpoint on that subject at this time.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Star Fury wrote:
> Heck Light, I doubt if anyone can construct an argument against you in
> that other topic because the actual point of it is long lost in,
> mainly your own, attempts at throwing abuse at me.

Why not ask Blank and Gonzo whether or not I can? Or Black Glove? Or any of the other people I've had good debates with here?
>
> Frankly I don't think anyone but you gives a s**t.

Yeah, that must be why you feel compelled to keep replying to my posts on this topic instead of taking your own advice and letting it go. Sorta proves that your "Lets have a truce" post was no more than "Please stop pointing out what a hypocritical oaf I am".
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Heck Light, I doubt if anyone can construct an argument against you in that other topic because the actual point of it is long lost in, mainly your own, attempts at throwing abuse at me.

Frankly I don't think anyone but you gives a s**t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.