GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yankee Plane Hits Building"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 22:44
Regular
"A small aircraft owned by a baseball star has crashed into a New York residential building, killing two.
New York police confirmed two people had been killed and that the plane belonged to New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle, with reports claiming the athelete was the pilot and had been killed.
Emergency services said the building and those next to it had been evacuated and at least seven people had been injured, including two firefighters.
The plane smashed into the Belaire apartment block on Manhattan's Upper East Side, but officials said there was no evidence it was terrorism-related.
New York City Police Chief Michael Collins said: "We have no reason to believe at this point that it is terrorist related, and our [alert] level remains the same."
Burning debris fell on the streets below as firefighters shot streams of water at the flames from lower floors.
A Fire Department spokesperson said the aircraft struck the 20th floor.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said it was too early to determine what type of aircraft was involved, or what might have caused the crash.
The crash occurred at East 72nd Street and York Avenue, near the East River.
The images of fire and smoke pouring out of the windows of a high rise building evoked images of the hijack plane attacks of September 11, 2001."

What does everyone think about this? Was it an accident or an act of terrorism. I think myself that it was an accident but cant help notice the coincidence of it being on the 11th what does everyone else think.
Wed 11/10/06 at 22:44
Regular
"A small aircraft owned by a baseball star has crashed into a New York residential building, killing two.
New York police confirmed two people had been killed and that the plane belonged to New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle, with reports claiming the athelete was the pilot and had been killed.
Emergency services said the building and those next to it had been evacuated and at least seven people had been injured, including two firefighters.
The plane smashed into the Belaire apartment block on Manhattan's Upper East Side, but officials said there was no evidence it was terrorism-related.
New York City Police Chief Michael Collins said: "We have no reason to believe at this point that it is terrorist related, and our [alert] level remains the same."
Burning debris fell on the streets below as firefighters shot streams of water at the flames from lower floors.
A Fire Department spokesperson said the aircraft struck the 20th floor.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said it was too early to determine what type of aircraft was involved, or what might have caused the crash.
The crash occurred at East 72nd Street and York Avenue, near the East River.
The images of fire and smoke pouring out of the windows of a high rise building evoked images of the hijack plane attacks of September 11, 2001."

What does everyone think about this? Was it an accident or an act of terrorism. I think myself that it was an accident but cant help notice the coincidence of it being on the 11th what does everyone else think.
Wed 11/10/06 at 22:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't think Cory Lidle is actually a secret Al Qaida operative. He only got his pilot licence last year.

Tragic accident from a rookie pilot, end of.
Wed 11/10/06 at 22:58
Regular
Yeah, if it was professional they would have tried to crash it into somewhere that mattered.
Wed 11/10/06 at 23:14
Regular
Yeah suppose its a shame it had to happen like that though.
Thu 12/10/06 at 08:17
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I see this on the news. Never had the volume up and though it was another act of terrorism. Im glad it wasnt. What a tragic accident though, and so much like the 9/11 carshes. Bet that got alot of people worrying :S
Thu 12/10/06 at 08:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
There's been suggestions of suicide but I think it's just an accident.
Thu 12/10/06 at 08:55
"possibly impossible"
Learning to fly with his instructor. Obviously just did something wrong. Shame.
Thu 12/10/06 at 08:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Probably not the best place to take someone learning to fly......
Thu 12/10/06 at 09:13
Regular
I like how they 'scrambled fighter jets' after the incident. What the hell would they have done?

A tiny private plane crashing into an insignificant apartment block hardly screams of terrorism...

Unfortunate accident, rest in peace to those that lost their lives.
Thu 12/10/06 at 12:31
Regular
"..."
Bullett wrote:
> I like how they 'scrambled fighter jets' after the incident. What
> the hell would they have done?

I guess they feared a repeat of 911, where multiple planes would have been involved. I would imagine getting them up there meant they'd be ready if the identified other planes about to do the same thing?

Either that or they were just glad to get them out of the hangar for once...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.